Cold calling /emailing investors from database...?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by heech, Mar 2, 2011.

1. being a former broker, I can say that's a good # per month, and yes one needs to study cold calling to be good at it in most cases.

#21     Oct 26, 2011
  2. gmst

gmst

Thought i will share my personal experience. 2 yrs back, when i was still very very new to trading (however had one system that i was trying to raise some capital to trade) - i got a db and cold called 40-60 names on it. Could speak to only 10-12 guys for more than 4-5 minutes (i had 2 years industry experience then only), got to meet with only 1 guy out of 60.

They liked my ideas and the deal went almost through, and i was on my way to get 10 million, we were very close to sign-on but at the last minute someone higher up in their organization raised objection and it fell through. Remember, at this time I didn't have even 3 months of audited trading history, just backtested performance, and my real trading results were volatile like crazy (because i was doing a lot of things other than my strategy).

So, the point is if you have few years of audited low volatility trading history, then yes cold calling will work. just have to have a very smooth presentation and marketing skills.

#22     Nov 5, 2011
  3. Has he left this forum now?

I wanted to ask about the deals he brokers.

I presume he is basically a salesman for investment projects? Where does he find these projects to invest in?

Unless I have it wrong? :D

#23     Dec 14, 2011