Coinstar....anyone have an opinion? CSTR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by gimp570, Apr 30, 2010.

1. gimp570

gimp570

Coinstar had great earnings...think its a one hit pony or is it off to the races from here..

2. Some of my friends are long, some of my friends are short. I'll stick with my friends.

3. gimp570

gimp570

its been a tough couple of weeks for shorts

4. I think it needs a few days to consolidate before it wants to go higher.

Intraday i'd consider selling it into the gap.

Just my $.02

5. mililani

mililani

I did a post on here regarding CSTR and GME. Got in on both. Bought CSTR at 25 and GME at around 20. Almost cut GME loose at 17, but held that one. Man, CSTR is busting out! I knew their redbox #'s would have been killer. Just look at the kiosks. Everytime I see one, there are people always there.

I'm selling my 10% stake in it in a few days. If I get 100% in a few months, that would be enough for me.

6. gimp570

gimp570

yes...everytime i drive by a redbox there is 3 people in line to use it...

7. S2007S

S2007S

Redbox may be the new trend now but it WILL NOT LAST!!!!

These have maybe another 2-3 years left as people streaming movies straight to their computers and televisions takes over. There is no need to have a physical copy of music or movies in 2010, dvd sales will continue to collapse as people move from physical copies to digital. Coinstar better get as much as they can get out of these redbox kiosks while they still can because they will be gone sooner than later. As for coinstar itself, the idea is great but the percentage they take isnt, and thats why I go to my local bank where you can throw as much change in the machine and take all 100% of it without having to give any up!!!!

8. gimp570

gimp570

you might be right...but they could have a good 2 or 3 year run...then hope something else comes up

9. mililani

mililani

You sound like a screech from those Yahoo finance boards. Streaming isn't going to take over by a long shot. When will they be able to stream 1080p? Even HD comcast over cable and Verizon FIOS can't deliver true 1080p. BluRay will eventually take over and streaming can't deliver the bandwidth yet. There's also the problem of studios and DVD's. If you get rid of DVD rentals, the studios have no incentive of releasing the rights to streaming content providers. At that point, what's the difference between that and PPV or cable? Nada. So the licensing agreements would be stiffer: either buy a DVD, or wait 2 months for it on streaming and PPV.

10. gimp570

gimp570

Redbox must be renting-out a boat load of movies for 1 buck with this kinda move

#10     May 5, 2010