Coins from Feb 2009 (in Tulip Trust) just moved yesterday. Bitcoin finished.

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Amun Ra, May 21, 2020.

1. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

All I'm suggesting is there is increased risk. Risk that I'm not currently willing to take. You can do whatever you want with your money. If you lose it all, or make $10 million from the price going up, it makes no difference to me.

#11     May 21, 2020
  2. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Are you serious? You think 50,000 dollars is going to make the market crash?

Wow!

#12     May 22, 2020
    johnarb likes this.
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Yea, that goes without saying that we're all responsible for our trading/investment decisions and the results and I did not shoot down your suggestion. I thought it was prudent to be cautious if you have new information.

I needed to correct you on 1 million coins being unlocked by that one transfer as you were causing confusion to others.

By the way, you should google Patoshi pattern and why the transfer yesterday was likely not by Satoshi. I say likely as I was a bitcoin miner (along with mining many other cryptocurrencies) and the fact is that it could still have been Satoshi's coins but mined on a different hardware, but I digress.

#13     May 22, 2020
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

OP, keep up with the news, Craig said he didn't move the coins:

Some store of value such a threat hanging over the crypto for a decade....

#14     May 22, 2020
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

A better explanation of the situation:

#15     May 22, 2020
  6. So if there is 1 million controlled by one person thats about 5% of the supposedly total of 21 million btc, so what?

#16     May 22, 2020
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

in other words, fake Satoshi perjured himself

#17     May 22, 2020
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

You have little imagination. Order book is thin. If thrown as a bunch of sell orders, it would take price down 60-80%. No reason to believe the price would recover or at least not anytime soon.

Since we don't know what entity owns those coins and what is the plan with them (assuming they are still available), you should err on the safe side. Hell, if it is someone who just wants to fuck with the system, he could keep buying and selling large amounts and keep bitcoin volatile, destroying faith in its stability.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    #18     May 22, 2020
  9. orbit23

orbit23

Well, Cobain said "god save us all". You can take it with a grain of salt, but this dude is on top of the game. When he tweets, i listen.

#19     May 23, 2020
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Is that the dollar equivalent of "In God We Trust"?

Price doesn't show any big sell off other than the usual. I think the mover just wanted to make a point against CWR.

#20     May 23, 2020