Coinbase will demand identification for crypto transfers - Holland

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SumZero, Jun 24, 2022.

1. SumZero

SumZero

Edit: I realized that this is just for Dutch customers (they had already done this customers from Canada, Singapura and Japan).

They say it's because of Dutch regulators but I think this will hit them hard.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    M.W. and Nobert like this.
  2. M.W.

M.W.

Pretty much every advantage claimed by the crypto shills are gone and exposed for the con it is. Anonymity? None. Safety of transfers? None. Safety of safekeeping? None. Speed of transactions? Slow. Cheap transfers? No. Store of value? None whatsoever. Low correlation to other investment classes and hence a good addition to a portfolio? Not true.

I am curious whether the more serious and trustworthy die hard believer like @Baron still stand behind their investments or begin to scale back? It would honestly interest me.

guest_trader_1 and Pekelo like this.
  3. Coinbase (an exchange) isn't Bitcoin (a technology)

I'm not shilling anything though, I've just seen multiple people mistake problems with exchanges as problems with BTC. As you've pointed out, there can be problems with fees during high network usage (though currently around $1.20). Other problems tend to become less of a problem the more familiar someone becomes with how the system works.

Again, not shilling at all, just want to help clear a couple things up :thumbsup:

Snarkhund, johnarb and Trader Curt like this.
  4. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

IMO just a short time before Cryptos will be more transparent & traceable to authorities, than the $20 bills used by Drug Cartels. (Something like 90% of physical currency bills have traces of cocaine.) Ironically, it will be the blockchain that will identify crypto users -- at least to Gov't.

SumZero likes this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Purpose of transfer: Not getting stuck with you in the bankruptcy case

M.W. likes this.
  6. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

FFS... crypto has always been completely visible to anyone with a functioning brain.

Once you do KYC requirements on some random exchange the govt can see everything on the blockchain associated with you or particularly that compromised wallet.

Trade the Qs because... crypto is technical you are not suited for it.

johnarb likes this.