COIN IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TimtheEnchanter, Apr 14, 2021.

1. When is this happening?

KCalhoun likes this.
  2. jys78

jys78

Today :)

3. JamesJ

JamesJ

Quoting has started, will begin to trade at random time... probably in the next 10-30 min

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Reference price is $250, although it's indicated now at $365 before even actually open for trading.

I'm too new at this to understand the various shenanigans involved before the average Joe gets a chance to actually buy shares. Clearly, there is no chance to buy at the $250 reference price, yet, when it opens to the public at $365 it will be said that COIN recorded a stunning opening buying frenzy. I wished I was part of the frenzy but as far as I can tell, I'm the retail buyer who gets to buy when it's all over.

5. S2007S

S2007S

Nothing like buying into hype in a fed induced bubblicious ipo market

6. MiJoWoo

MiJoWoo

I'm fairly new to trading as well. What is the expectation of COIN? Something like Bit coin?
    I read something and from what I understand is Coinbase is a company that is also a crypto exchange and now is trading as a stock on the NASDAQ. This company could boom!

7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Usually ipos open by noon.. when today?

8. VicBee

VicBee

Was said to be 10:20 this morning, but it's 12:40 and still nothing...

ALKT opened earlier today and is up 46+% @$44+ but here again, it opened to the retail buyer at $41 when the IPO price was $30. So it looks like a huge jump when, in fact, it's a reasonable 8%.

KCalhoun likes this.
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Well retail buyers had an opportunity to buy FB below its IPO opening price ....... if they waited.
    More than 50% off in fact a couple of months later:-
    FB IPO.png
    Does it happen every time. Of course not. That is why it's called trading.

Fintrader and jys78 like this.
  10. Axon

Axon

We're live

#10     Apr 14, 2021
    jys78 likes this.