Coiled markets

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by topgunn, Jun 11, 2008.

1. To those who have made comments: Has anyone actually signed up for coiledmarkets, or is everyone here just guessing?

As for Austin himself, he seems like a nice enough guy. Replied kindly to an email of mine even though I expressed no interest in signing up as a client. That puts him high on my list right off the bat.

#11     Jun 13, 2008
  2. daedalus

daedalus

I've been with Austin since December of 2006. His education and methodology work - work very well, and on ANY TIMEFRAME and market. Like anything else it requires discretion. The discretion is what the learning curve is all about.

The only tweaks hes made since i've joined have been to take away some of the discretion for new people to make the entries more black and white. The core fundamentals of the setups we look for have remained the same. Its not like he woke up one Sunday and said "Clients - everything i've told you is wrong and now were going to do this completly different thing over here". Thats just not the case. Not only that, but every "tweak" hes made is completly up to the end user. Its not required, its the excess to add a little more clarity to the day to day picture. The method still works without it.

I love how jaded and pessimistic people can be when they don't have any firsthand experience with a certain vendor. Not that he attempts to "call" trades (thats not the point of the live room) but he does in real time regardless.

I put my money in his account and I would do it over again without any hesitation. It has been the most valuable education and experience out of any trading "educator" out there.

#12     Jun 13, 2008
  3. I used to be a 1 lot piker and losing consistently UNTIL the day I started out with Austin.
    He turned my trading around and changed my life for the better. He made me look at the market in a new way : no more indicators , no more guessing.
    I started to trade with confidence, ROCK SOLID confidence.
    I am now catching several points ,each and every day, making it possible to trade for a living.
    I am living the dream.

To all noobs : YES, it is possible to achieve this with the right mentor at your side.

Gracias.

#13     Jun 13, 2008
  4. bowler

bowler

Any one who had a history in ET care to comment on coiled markets course.

#14     Jun 13, 2008
  5. magus

magus

For the sake of full disclosure, my comments were not from personal experience, but from two traders who did in fact become paid students. They haven't returned to the room in a year, so there is a possibility things have changed. Their general gripe was the method could not produce consistent profitability.

#15     Jun 13, 2008
  6. To understand Austin and Coiledmarkets, just go back and review his public videos. I will admit I listen to his videos and find them entertaining; like watching an upside down turtle try to struggle and make his way right. Only this guy is trying to find his way in trading.

Every now and then he will release a new update to his method and change the price. And don't forget, you must act before a certain date.

He always talks about moving on to manage a fund but never does. I think he did try once last year but failed and returned to selling systems.

Before last week he would criticize chat rooms but now in fact that is what he runs for $500 a month. This is after stating in his public video that he was raising the price from $2000 to $4000 and would only accept a select few clients. <laughs>

If someone can't decide on a way to run his business, how can he possible be successful in trading.

Don't take my word for it, listen to his public videos and you will see for yourself that the method, and even the marketing tactics used to sell it, is not sound in the real world.

Save your money. No shortcuts in learning to trade.

#16     Jun 13, 2008

7. I need to have a history to convince you ?

I am averaging around 20 % of the daily range !

#17     Jun 13, 2008
  8. magus

magus

Well, you got a long way to go. Disciples of SCT claim to make 3X the daily range. :)

#18     Jun 13, 2008
  9. You ABSOLUTELY need a history here at ET to be convincing (or post your actual statements)! Funny how 3 ET newbs show up on this thread to support Austin.

It's an age-old ET promotional tactic to have shills show up who just join as a discussion about a vendor starts.

You may be legit, but with an ET joining date of June 08, you have zero cred here in speaking about any method/system which is sold.

Edit: I will say that I have enjoyed reading Austin's posts here on ET over the past year (having not bought into his room/method).

#19     Jun 13, 2008
  10. <i>"You may be legit, but with an ET joining date of June 08, you have zero cred here"</i>

P.S. - case in point why all aliases should be attached to a credit card registration. That would negate this thread and many others. ET exists for the soap opera that it creates = $$ generated as a lucrative, highly successful business model, not to be confused in the slightest with a serious educational forum

#20     Jun 13, 2008