Coiled markets method

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jbob, Jul 10, 2007.

1. jbob

jbob

Does anyone have an opinion on the Coiled markets website. Their strategy looks simple enough, but I can't guess what is generating their buy/sell signals. I don't want to pay 2K for another MACD crossover method. Any insight from someone who knows the method would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jtnet

jtnet

i know they have a few different methods

3. Somebody posted the latest system awhile back. It was deleted pretty quickly but I think a few of us got copies. I think I have deleted mine but there was nothing out of the ordinary about it. A couple of ma's and a couple of other indicators. Above the ma look for longs, below shorts, yada yada. Watts trading group has a very similiar system for $47.:)

4. As I recall it was an 80 period MA. Long above, short below

Also (again from memory) once price cleared the 80ma, he used fib retracement levels to signal additional trades. The gentleman suggested that this technique allowed him a second chance to enter long or short, even if price spiked through that 80 ma.

Of course you still need a stop loss, but you should be able to get that through testing or observation of the max adverse excursion for your target market.

I think you're going to need an additional filter and some entry rules for this one to work, and the fibs don't test well, at least not in my experience.

I wouldn't trade it.

Good luck
    Steve

5. nkhoi

nkhoi