cognitive science, or fin/econ program??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sublime-scalper, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Suppose I have been admitted to a global top 50 university, I have been a spot fx MM, and a futures prop trader... i intend to continue in my vocation as a trader... i will most likely continue to be a scalper/momo trader during my tenure as a student... IF i ever leave the short term world, i want to go more into the HF universe and move to trading with more macro economic themes(sectors, trade, debt, fx, geopolitics etc.)

the two avaliable programs which i am most interested in are cognitive science, and finance/econ.

i feel like i have developed a good working knowledge of fin/econ vis a vis my career as a trader, but obviously not so much that i couldnt emmensely bennefit from the program, and im sure it would be very interesting... however, i am most interested intellectually by the cognitive science program,

i would like thoughts and opinions, prefferably by people ''in the know'', out of school and working as a trader, or in the HF industry already etc. on the vocaltional validity of each, pros and cons of each with regard to each portion of my tentative vocational journey. thanks in advance.

2. rosy2

rosy2

i am not a trader but work for a trading firm and have worked for banks and a hedge fund. no matter what you study you should excel at it and learn how to use a computer. By use a computer, i mean basic programming (IMO) which is probably advanced programming by a corporate world's view; if your smart it won't be a problem. btw, almost everyone i have worked with has a hard science background.