Coffeeman's log

Discussion in 'Journals' started by CoffeemanDan, Dec 3, 2008.

1. I haven't been trading long, a few months. Went live a few weeks ago, managed so far to get a small profit. I mostly just look for classic patterns (double tops, head & shoulders, etc...) which I'll be posting here.

I'm hoping that by keeping this thread, I'll become a better trader, my goal right now is mainly consistency.

Feel free to comment.

2. First trade for the log, looking at a possible head & shoulders on the 30 min chart of EUR/NZD?

3. EUR/NZD didn't materialize into anything yet.

EUR/JPY formed a double-top on the 5 min. Shorted just below the neckline, and again when it bounced off the MA.

4. GBP/USD reached up and touched the 62 EMA on the 1h, shorted it there.

Shorted at 47788, covered at 47448 (tried to sell in again but it didn't work out, closed that at breakeven).

5. Shorted GBP/JPY, seems to be trading in a channel down, figured it was a safe short. We'll see how it goes.

*Edited - I should mention I put an incredibly small trade down, I've never done this sort of trade. It's a bit of an experiment.

6. Pyramided into this as it fell, closed it around 135.875. Got a bit overeager and tried to jump back in a few minutes later, and ended up giving some of it back, dammit.