Coffee for 2017

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Street Trader, Dec 13, 2016.

1. xandman

xandman

This chart looks exactly like soybeans. Do you mind doing wheat? Can you put a wheat chart of on the Soybeans thread? Wheat is expected to lag substantially to soybeans over the term. Thanks.

Street Trader likes this.
  2. Hi xandman,

I don't have clear chart for Wheat (and Corn) so far.

Good trading.

3. xandman

xandman

Btw, I see the chart has notable retracement areas that are marked with numbers. What is this method called?

The reason I ask is that it seems to complement pivot points. I am not sold on actual S/R of pivot points, but I find break outs to be strangely convex when there are no other notable areas of price and volume. Apparently, a lot of short term traders use it exclusively.

Street Trader likes this.
  4. Handle123

Handle123

As per system, finally, hoping anyway, bought near lows in Feb and have added few places and recent lows on weeklies.

upload_2016-12-13_10-33-25.png

I bought March Wheat on Dec 1, another attempt of trying to find the lows. The only good thing about wheat for me, I make something on most trades as it will eventually go to first target then hit my protective stops when it make new lows to buy again. Wheat is just plain low and have made over a dozen tries of finding the lows. but open Interest really came in strong on the lows so me this is strong sign Commercials are coming in. But I only take system trades, has zero to do what others are doing or saying.

upload_2016-12-13_10-40-44.png

Street Trader and xandman like this.
  5. xandman

xandman

Has corn also provided you similar trouble?

6. java

java

I'm always long July Wheat, me and the other guy.

7. It's Elliott wave.

8. Soybean should long for June and Coffee long for December 2017

9. xandman

xandman

Nice move today. Unfortunately, soybeans are down unaffected by the FED.

#10     Dec 14, 2016