Coffee drinkers may live longer — even those ordering decaf

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Banjo, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. upload_2017-7-13_14-14-32.jpeg

3. stepan7

stepan7

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is one Bullshit article without reading it. Why? Because it says even decaf drinkers, so it is obviously not the caffeine but the lifestyle that keeps you alive longer...

Another evidence:

" Americans are drinking roughly about half of what they did in the post-World War II years when most people drank about 48 gallons a year on average, "

So we drink half of the coffee than what we used to yet somehow we live longer. Maybe LESS coffeine is better! :)

5. speedo

speedo

I suspect it's about the polyphenols and antioxidants not the caffeine.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  6. speedo

speedo

7. They are implying that there is a beneficial range. That is why they said "moderate amounts." Otherwise they would have said that more is better.

Too many factors to do comparison with post WW2 consumption. People may be drinking less coffee but they are also smoking fewer cigarettes and wearing seat belts and going to doctors and hospitals that have an explosive number of services and pharmaceuticals to help out compared to the years right after the war.

vanzandt likes this.
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

I have never been able to drink coffee much. I find the caffeine crash really unpleasant.