Coffee drinkers live longer

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Jul 4, 2018.

#41     Jun 29, 2021
  2. tea.jpg

#42     Aug 5, 2021
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. Mesida

Mesida

Thank you guys for an interesting topic. How about this information? Norwegian and Swedish cardiologists and nutritionists believe that using a filter when making coffee is directly linked to longevity.
    Unfiltered coffee contains substances that raise blood cholesterol levels. Using a filter removes them and reduces the likelihood of heart attacks and premature death. So says Doug Thel, lead author of the study from the University of Gothenburg (Sweden).
    The scientists also concluded that drinking filtered coffee is healthier than not drinking coffee at all. The study found that those who drank one to four cups of filtered coffee a day had the lowest mortality rate.
    According to the American Heart Association, filtered coffee improves mental focus and performance, and boosts mood.
    The study was published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology.

#43     Aug 19, 2021
    Frederick Foresight and cesfx like this.
  4. tango29

tango29

I love my coffee, but since the second vaccine shot I've had to drop my intake. For some reason my caffeine tolerance has gone to almost zero. I usually had 2 roughly 8 ounce cups in the morning, but down to one, and I think I need to end that also.
    I wasn't sure if I was having a heart issue for awhile after the second shot. I went in for a physical a few months after and did the 12 hour fast for lab work, with no coffee the entire day, and I felt great all day. Didn't think about it and had usual coffee the next day and again was thinking I maybe having a heart attack. After that I stopped completely and felt great again. I went back to one cup and not as strong a feeling, but enough that I think I am going to be giving up coffee.
    Sucks!

#44     Aug 19, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I quit coffee cold-turkey about 20 years ago when all of a sudden, my 5-6 cup-per day habit caused some weird sensations one morning at work, and I got light-headed, weak and dizzy. Have not had a cup since. I don't miss it much, but maybe that is because I have the cigs to keep me viced up on mind-alteration, heh.

#45     Sep 4, 2021
  6. tango29

tango29

Lol, I was thinking micro dosing shrooms or LSD as a substitute. I have quit coffee during the week because the effects were interfering with my ability to focus trading, but still having a cup in the morning on weekends.

#46     Sep 6, 2021
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. tango29

tango29

Ok, as an experiment I drank an 8 ounce cup of coffee this morning. Roughly half of what I would have had in my system in the past. My frickin heart is racing and pulse is at 85. I am now officially done with coffee. B.S.

#47     Sep 14, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

There's always decaf? Yeah, it has a tiny bit of caffeine in it, but maybe it could be an alternative? That would be a very interesting test.

If your heart races with decaf, it would be telling I think.

#48     Sep 14, 2021
    userque likes this.
  9. tango29

tango29

I may give it a try, but I could just quit drinking coffee just as easy.

#49     Sep 14, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

It is an experiment for science!

#50     Sep 14, 2021