Coffee drinkers live longer

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Jul 4, 2018.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Give up cigarettes. The statistics are compelling if you go to a pack a day or more. And think of the money you 'll save! At any age give them up. But nicotine is not all bad. What is bad is sucking all that crap into your lungs. anything you suck into your lungs that contains fine particulate matter or higher molecular weight molecules (cigarette tar) that can condense at the temperature of your lungs is bad for you. Stop! That includes Pot. If you are young, you won't notice much impairment, but you will pay the price if you keep it up. On the other hand heavy cigarette smokers have an almost zero incidence of Alzheimer disease after correcting for longevity. If you are a heavy smoker and you live exceptionally long (quite unlikely) you will have to keep an oxygen bottle with you, but you will be spared Alzheimer's. You'll be wrinkly like a prune though. Nicotine contracts capillaries. It is horrible for your skin.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    #21     Oct 15, 2018
  2. Minerva25

Minerva25

best news i've heard all day! :D

#22     Oct 20, 2018
  3. How can your BF not know you're a smoker?

For every one I've known, they stink of tobacco... hair, clothes, nasty breath. ??

#23     Oct 25, 2018
  4. Areding

Areding

The drink of the 21st century is coffee. Probably 90% of people start their day with this drink. Coffee is useful, but in a certain amount, excessive consumption is bad for the body.

#24     Nov 29, 2018
  5. Coffee drinkers live longer and have lower risk of disease, studies find. Coffee drinkers live longer, according to two large-scale studies released Monday that add to extensive research indicatingcoffee consumption is associated with better health.

#25     Jan 10, 2019
  6. TJustice

TJustice

Well I will say this for coffee. I started intermittent fasting. Coffee makes it easy to not eat food until noon. So combining that with adding squats into my routine at the gym and I have lost 12 pounds in a month... without really any hassle. I felt very little deprivation until the last 2 or 3 days.

Maybe its good for you... but you do get a craving that is far different more demanding than say a craving for fruit.

#26     Jan 14, 2019
  7. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Surprising the lungs can handle 1 cig but they can handle quite a bit of abuse.
    The lung destruction is unique to all but no person is immune to the incremental damage.
    Many will not even realize they have a problem until FEV1 is 50-60% .
    Quitting now allows lungs to deteriorate at a much slower rate than continuing to smoke but
    Not as slow as the never smoked person. COPD can/does create much higher risk of the simple chest cold evolving pneumonia or cardiac issues.
    Have a nice day.....on the bright side if the lung damage is not homogenous, they can rip out the bad sections so you can exhale a breath.....again...have a nice day.

#27     Jan 14, 2019
  8. I drink 2 POTS of coffee/day. Try to dilute it by cutting back on a scoop per pot to cut back on caffeine. I think I drink so much because I always have to have something in front of me to do, with my hands my mind I haveADHD.(so they say)

If not drinking coffee, I'm eating. I'd rather drink coffee already overweight.

Might be why I love trading so much, always something going on.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    #28     Jan 15, 2019
  9. I also drink plenty of fluids in part to curb my appetite and to give me something to do while staring at the screen. If it's because you need to have something in front of you, then you may wish to consider green tea, and perhaps a bit diluted if you need to have so much of something.

That's what I did. I love coffee but if I have too much of it or too often, I am negatively affected. So I only have a few long espressos on the weekend. If you don't like green tea, believe me, I understand. When I first tried it, it tasted what I imagined grass clipping would taste like. But, over time, I developed a taste for it and now I have a number of large cups a day (but only 2 or 3 teabags). I won't pretend it's as good as coffee, but it's...~okay. Heck, I even look forward to it in the morning; I would never have believed that when I first tried it. And it's supposed to be good for you. Unsweetened, of course. Oh, and I personally don't like the flavored green teas. Or flavored coffees, for that matter. Keep it real. :D

#29     Jan 15, 2019
  10. I like GT, too hard to make in bulk.

Not so many GT "coffee" makers out there.

I hate "steeping" tea bags fking waste of time :)

i'd do it if there is compelling evidence.

esp, GT, the benefits of which have never been shown over coffee anyways.

And, how about not doing either? I am dubious on claims for either.

or, maybe if drinking coffee you aren't eating cheese by the buck loads which is my case :D

#30     Jan 15, 2019