Coffee and Trading....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ER9, May 18, 2005.

1. It’s a proven fact that caffeine increases cognitive powers of our mind and makes us do things faster and effectively. As trading is an intellectual activity, drinking coffee is beneficial to stay alert and more focused. However it should be consumed in limits.

#71     Oct 25, 2021
  2. Coffee is a psycho active drug. I guess that is why people like it so much.

#72     Oct 26, 2021
  3. CET

CET

Drink green tea, as it has caffeine and theanine. The amount of caffeine in it is less than what is in coffee. I also recommend getting a green tea powder, matcha if you don't mind paying extra. The really high end stuff is very expensive so I'd pass on that. Also try to get some grown in Japan not China. Green tea has a lot of health benefits. Currently I buy the Ujido Matcha Green Tea Powder from Vitacost, but there are plenty of brands out there. Amazon is loaded with them.

Just heat a cup of water in the microwave and add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of tea powder. You can add more, but some of it will not dissolve. Make sure you consume all the powder. If you want an extra jolt just put it in your mouth and wash it down, so you don't have to drink as much throughout the day. I use a few drops of stevia extract to sweeten it. It is a little bitter without sweetener.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    #73     Oct 26, 2021
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Well Sarcoidosis has kicked in, full blown episode, past 14 days of fevers and chills, huge fatigue and coffee does not help so am not drinking it at this time, sleeping 18-20 hours a day. So difficult to trade ES for 4 hours and not fall asleep, wear CPAP doing it as keeps me fairly awake.

I am always calm, born without conscience emotions, subconscious feels couple emotions. I do get frustrated at self. Can't take pepper and tumeric for now, it did damage to my stomach as it is healing. I have taken theanine and ashwagandha before and no effects after a year, so stopped. I do drink 3-4 cups of cocoa presently to get me warm, otherwise coffee is the answer. And if all this wasn't enough, I have malaria to boot, but controlled with quinine. I been ill most of my life with various ongoing problems, have seen hundreds of physicians, but there are no cures for what I have. But I seldom let what I have stop me from doing what I want or have to do, have dozen of thermal clothing to keep warm, extra heaters and blankets in home. When not working at trading, am reading about supplements.

Yes, Ujido Matcha Green Tea Powder from Vitacost is nice between pots of coffee, I put some under tongue for 20 minutes, eventually get use to the taste. Stevia extract great in oatmeal and other foods.

#74     Oct 26, 2021