Coffee and Trading....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ER9, May 18, 2005.

1. Even though I think the same, that instead of taking coffee, meditation is the best form of keeping the mind relaxed.

#51     Jun 1, 2021
    murray t turtle and Dr_Trade like this.
  2. benten

benten

When I started meditating around a year ago, I used to sit for 5-10 minutes hardly and it used to be very difficult. But now,with practice, I can sit for 30-45 minutes. And I do yoga for around 30 minutes.

#52     Jun 4, 2021
  3. mab81

mab81

Caffeine can have a negative effect if you overdo it. I think everyone knows how much he or she can take, and there is nothing better tahn being careful and not drink too much as you might feel more awake yes, but you may be more energetic athan usual and end up rushing too much in making decisions, which is not that good when trading right ? :) better be calm and focused.

#53     Jul 30, 2021
    murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  4. %%
    Exactly;
    the kind that keeps ones mind focused, a car out of gear goes nowhere right, except a stop sign =fine...............................................................................

#54     Jul 30, 2021
    Dr_Trade likes this.
  5. here you can find many definitions of whether caffeine helps or not, it's just that the effect on each person is different

#55     Aug 5, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. I doubt that it is coffee to blame.
    I believe that many people have some addiction to coffee. I, for one, cannot wake up without a cup of coffee. If I don't drink coffee I feel very sleepy and inactive which is awful because I don't care about anything else but return to bed and keep on sleeping while I am in such condition. Many people have different ways to raise their activity, I actually have several ways. Coffee is one of the stimulus which lifts my spirits. One more method is to do some physical exercises like push ups or crunches or something else. It does good not only to your body but to your mental side as well because it is essential to switch your attention from one activity to another from time to time.
    Maybe some people feel how coffee affects their trading and attention but I got used to coffee, so I don't think that it has any impact on me.

#56     Aug 5, 2021
  7. %%
    Exactly.
    ALL addictions are not bad; many get in trouble because they don't drink enough water, which is another good addiction......................................................................

#57     Aug 6, 2021
  8. Yeah...each trader has his/her own needs while trading. Some like to drink coffee to maintain focus, while some traders like me not even like to keep anything extra on the trade desk to stay away from distractions.

#58     Aug 6, 2021
  9. everyone has their own version of how to cheer themselves up while working, for many it is really coffee, but there are others

#59     Aug 17, 2021
  10. Well, then i certainly come under the category of OTHERS.

#60     Aug 17, 2021