Coffee and Trading....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ER9, May 18, 2005.

1. stockxpo

stockxpo

Hii Its stockxpo I track down that some espresso can get me excessively jumpy for some time, at that point, I hit a low. Yet, for reasons unknown, a latte for certain shots of coffee makes me more ready without the highs and lows. Perhaps the milk eases back the ingestion of the caffeine...

#41     May 7, 2021
  2. cesfx

cesfx

The fact that is diluted will do that. Overall the caffeine metabolised is the same, but when drinking a 220ml latte, vs a 25ml espresso, it might feel different. A bit like consuption with an empty stomach or after a meal.
    A single espresso has less caffeine than a 220ml 8oz filter coffee, as caffein is realised by the amount of water that gets filtered through. Decaf coffee, is a kind of washed out coffee bean, with a specific process.
    Americano (italian version of an american filter coffee) has espresso + hot water, so the same caffeine intake of 1 espresso (if single shot).
    Same goes for cappuccino latte and so on, unless you ask for large, double, grande or whatever they call it. Each size up normally includes an extra shot. The new very popular entry from Down Under where they love the espresso, Flat White, comes in double shot as a standard (50ml espresso + 50ml/100ml milk).

A lighter roast (light brown-green), is healthier in terms of "good stuff" retention from the bean, but is also higher in caffeine and acidic in taste. This is very popular with new trendy roast, it's tasty with milk but as an espresso is usually for expert, a bit lemony for many.
    Darker roast, italian old school way, is sweater on its own because sort of caramellised effect in the roasting, and lighter in caffeine.
    Regarding beans, Robusta has normally more caffeine than Arabica. The first is cheaper, stronger and easier to work, less intense in taste but it gives the dense creamy look. It's normally not sold 100% but in blend with Arabica.
    The Arabica is more delicate, easy to get it wrong if one doesn't know how to treat it, but superior in taste. Sold also in 100% Arabica, normally a blend of few different types.
    The mono culture are rare and expensive, Jamaican Blue Mountain can cost 100$+ a kg, or the Kopi luwak... Derived from beans eaten by civets that then poo the bean and gives it a unique flavour and price!

Coffee sometime gets weirder than wine... Which is a lot more simple to appreciate, if an expert say it's good, it's good. With coffee, what's good for an expert might taste crap to another person.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    #42     May 7, 2021
    Nobert, KCalhoun and bulls95 like this.
  3. caroy

caroy

I remember these shit out beans being mentioned in some movie with Jack Nicklaus but can't remember the title of the film. You're a coffee genius. I like it.

#43     May 8, 2021
    cesfx likes this.
  4. bulls95

bulls95

I kinda agree with what you are saying. Reality just hit.

#44     May 25, 2021
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Often I just take a caffeine pill vs coffee

#45     May 25, 2021
  6. I never liked coffee, would always prefer black tea while trading.

#46     May 27, 2021
  7. Dr_Trade

Dr_Trade

I believe caffeine intake makes your analytical thinking less productive, as this may help you to sit for longer hours but mind need something else to be fresh like meditation and yoga.

#47     May 27, 2021
  8. Agreed! I also prefer meditation before sleeping and yoga in the morning.
    Do you meditate on a daily basis?

#48     May 28, 2021
    Dr_Trade likes this.
  9. benten

benten

Hey, I too prefer meditation and yoga. It helps me in relieving my trade related stress.

#49     May 31, 2021
    Dr_Trade and Marcos like this.
  10. Marcos

Marcos

I have seen so many people practice it. How long do your practice it?

#50     Jun 1, 2021
    Dr_Trade and benten like this.