Coffee and Trading....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ER9, May 18, 2005.

1. Poljot

Poljot

imo caffeine intake increases the likelihood of overtrading and risk taking.
    Not sure if there is any research on this but would be interesting.
    Body and mind are stimulated to move and act while most of the time one should just sit on his hands an wait.
    Brokers should offer commission 'air-miles' to be exchanged for s*bucks vouchers to increase their revenues from overtrading.;)

#31     Apr 13, 2021
  2. %%
    OK;
    you are super sensitiVe to the stuff + most are not.................................

#32     Apr 13, 2021
  3. themickey

themickey

I start my day everyday with coffee and can go weeks not placing a trade while watching the mkt everyday. I'm a long only stock trader.

#33     Apr 13, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    Me 2;
    except i like to get paid weekly or monthly or more often I dont mid a big bid/ask/not that i would trade /invest in that only............................................................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D..

#34     Apr 15, 2021
  5. IF one were to start their day with coffee and go weeks without placing a trade while watching the market every day then obviously coffee has no bearing on their performance since they are not very active in the first place.

#35     Apr 15, 2021
  6. Some people are even sensitive to decaf.

#36     Apr 15, 2021
  7. Tibor

Tibor

Coffee definitely makes my trading better. Helps me stay active.

#37     Apr 28, 2021
  8. %%
    ME 2\ because it seldom does much for me, like regular coffee............................................

#38     Apr 29, 2021
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  9. Different people have different ways to have coffee. I usually go for a not so strong cup of coffee and it helps me to focus more. Coffee does not suit some people. I think you can just go with a less strong coffee or instead try some other drink. Maybe coffee is not made for you..

#39     May 7, 2021
  10. stockxpo

stockxpo

Hii Its stockxpo I track down that some esparrason can get me excessively jumpy for some time, at that point, I hit a low. Yet, for reasons unknown, a latte for certain shots of coffee makes me more ready without the highs and lows. Perhaps the milk eases back the ingestion of the caffeine...

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    #40     May 7, 2021