Codifying SCT

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mo-der-a-ti-on
    A thank-less E-T task
    No time left to trade

#41     Jan 20, 2009
  2. SCT
    the blind chasing rainbows
    with divining rods

#42     Jan 20, 2009
  3. I am finding it increasingly difficult it this atmosphere of rancor to present my case for SCT rationally. But I'll try.

After nearly a decade of studlying SCT, I think I can fairly describe myself as a beginner expert. What I find lacking in the currently posted explications of SCT are concepts which once were revealed to the inner circle, but now inexplicably are lost. I shall attempt to correct this deficiency in the current generation's tutelage.

Let us return to first principles. In its simplest form, SCT analyzes the behavior of price and volume near possible turning points and determines if a candidate point warrants a reversal. This analysis addresses three factors.

First, velocitance (not to be confused with velocitage), the mathematical description of the price behavior prior to the point in question.

Second, peakage (not peakity as erroneously attributed in the literature), the nature of the peakiness of the point being considered.

Third, volumicity (not volumance, for obvious reasons), the behavior of volume near the possible peak.

So we have velocitance, peakage and volumicity, or VPV for short.

Now velocitance can be approximated as having three states: sluggly, measly and hurried.

Peakage on the other hand is more complex and can only be described by four states at minimum: flatty, roundlich, sharpnic, and hyperundic.

Volumicity is simpler, being characterized as either increasant or devolving.

So you see SCT is really quite simple. With three characteristics totalling 9 mensurable states, there are only 24 possible combinations in the VPV relation. Beginners are encouraged to trade only hurried hyperundic increasant patterns. Under no circumstances are they permitted to trade in slugly flatty devolving conditions.

With these simple clear concepts in mind, the student is encouraged to create code of no more than 600 statements matching the results I posted today.

#43     Jan 20, 2009
  4. #44     Jan 20, 2009
  5. I will write haiku
    Any accurst way I please
    For it is my thread.

#45     Jan 20, 2009
  6. Haiku in Dallas
    Is not haiku in Nippon
    ET does not care.

#46     Jan 20, 2009
  7. Hyperundic peakage
    And sluggly velocitance?
    Give the profits back!

#47     Jan 20, 2009
  8. Joe's thread has turned into a bunch of douche's writing Haiku's.

ET..gotta hand it to you..pure comedy GOLD :cool:

#48     Jan 20, 2009
  9. Well, my dear mad monk, nothing is preventing you from posting something intelligent about the ability to codify and hard-code SCT.

#49     Jan 20, 2009
  10. Exactly! LOL

#50     Jan 20, 2009