Codifying SCT

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JJ, I cheerfully celebrate EVERYBODY's holidays, even Jewish and raghead. But all things in moderation. Too many noble martyrs means too few volatile trading days. Got a temple of Ganesh just down the road, take an elephant there every Saturday AM to bless the faithful for long green.

Re the A-Team, they don't have anyone left to tell them what to think. Since ET abwhores a vacuum, I am stepping up to SCT leadership. But none of this "pay it forward" shit. They are going to pay NOW. By leasing Codified SCT for an outrageous monthly fee.

#11     Jan 19, 2009
  2. Thanks for the explanation. I try to achieve the same objective with a highly compressed 1-minute chart that takes up 20% of the real estate on my screen. But volume worthless? Her(e)shey! I find it to be immensely useful, but not in the Crayola way. And I puke every time I look at my 5-minute chart because I now believe that is the most useful time frame to watch for perspective. After 10 years of fighting it, I now think Jack was right about that.

#12     Jan 19, 2009
  3. BTW, that code at the bottom of your chart looks mighty complex. What's it take, about 10 SLOCs?

#13     Jan 19, 2009
  4. Here is JJ's "secret code" in 6 SLOCs!

• jd.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
    #14     Jan 19, 2009
  5. I think Jack went to so much trouble to attack SPM because he found it threatening. And simple.

#15     Jan 19, 2009
  6. Re volume, I believe in it enough to run five studies on it in five different time frames.

#16     Jan 19, 2009
  7. Jack, welcome back! Nice chart, I'll have to cogitate on it a while before I comment. Would you kindly update us on your health? I know many people must be worried about it.

#17     Jan 19, 2009
  8. Jack, sorry, I don't follow ES. What day was that, please? I'll adjust the code to ES volatility and post the Codified SCT results, haha! And BTW, why are you so sure that Joe Doaks isn't my REAL name?

#18     Jan 19, 2009
  9. Now, mon frere, don't be mean. ET has been a VERY dull place in his absence. You should welcome him back!

#19     Jan 19, 2009
  10. Oops! He's gone again! Did I just imagine it all? Or did he think better of it? I was prepared to give all sorts of helpful suggestions on the chart. And to return the role of Fearless Leader to Jack. What a heavy burden I must now bear! Or bull.

#20     Jan 19, 2009