Coastal Trade Securities, LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kungfutrader, Jul 13, 2009.

1. They are a group within Avatar, not WTS.

#41     Feb 12, 2010
  2. I trade with IB and I understand that most new traders don't have the funds to bankroll themselves and need a firm that will back you for a small deposit.

A good firm won't need to hunt down new business through a message board. I don't know anyone at Coastal Trade or any of their traders. I'm just curious why they would need to create 30 screen names on here and pump themselves up. You don't see First New York Securites doing that because they aren't desperate for business. Their traders wouldn't have the time to make phony screen names because they are too busy trading or doing research.

This has bad news written all over it.

Can you say "bottom feeder"?

PS Thinking of changing my name to RIMMbandit.. Any thoughts?

#42     Feb 13, 2010
  3. I like BIDUbandit better and I hope you have a big bankroll if thats what your playing. LOL

As for retail accounts I think IB is pretty top notch and does it all. I am actually thinking of transfering my AMTD account to them or LightSpeed. LS would be an easy transition since I already use that platform.

And you give good advice not to trust message boards and I would agree with what you say but in this thread I have only seen 3 traders that claim to trade with Coastal, so I don't think saying 30 made up screen names is accurate.
    I believe it started with someone asking for information on the BD (that I trade with) which is why I have followed the thread and why I put my 2 cents in. At the end of the day I don't take anything on these boards as fact until I research it myself.
    I agree that everyone should do thier own research before doing buisness with anyone..whether a 2 year old company or a 100 year old company.

Trade em Well!

#43     Feb 13, 2010
  4. bears21

bears21

the shill thing is funny everyone thinks theres an agenda. someone asked what they offered i told. thats it no hidden agenda. i also traded for assent, hold, echo, and even sonic. plenty of info on all the above companies on this website, sonic went out of business. i didnt see anyone pump anything about coastal at all. i actually said their website doesnt say much and it needs to be more descriptive to answer some inquiries. again to each his own.

#44     Feb 13, 2010
  5. It's not just this one thread. People have been getting PMs from multiple screen names trying to solicit them. Do a search on this little start up and you'll see for yourself. Look at the website for the other companies that Coastal claims to clear for and you will see that it doesn't make sense.

Look at Taocapitalpartners.com. Coastal claims to clear their trades. If you go to whois.net and see who registered that screen name, it's registered to an apartment in lower Manhattan, yet the address on the site is in Houston, TX. Same thing with PTGsecurities.com, an address in Houston, TX, yet the telephone number is a mobile number with a New Jersey area code. These aren't opinions. They are facts.

If that doesn't make you a little suspicious, then I have a bridge to sell you.....

I'm not even saying I know anything about them. My only point is that if they are using phony screen names and to pump themselves up on a message board or using phony websites to show how established of a firm they are because they work with soo many other companies, it's a huge red flag an something isn't kosher.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

#45     Feb 14, 2010
  6. bears21

bears21

#46     Feb 14, 2010
  7. mews

mews

No touting, shilling or pumping, just curious because I may be missing something.....where does it say that PTG Securities or Tao Capital Partners are clearing through or part of Coastal, I don't know maybe they are but I still dont see that connection.

#47     Feb 14, 2010
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Someone mentioned above that PTG is a group of Avatar, and since James Tao is associated with both TCP and PTG, logic would dictate...

But then again, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

#48     Feb 14, 2010
  9. I signed up with ptg last week, from what I was told James handles their desk in Houston and they are in the process of closing on office space in nj. I also clarified, they have no affiliation with coastal not sure how they got to this board. I will be trading remotely

#49     Feb 14, 2010
  10. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

James works from a house in Houston. Google map the address of the firm from their website and the only commercial property within blocks of that address are gas stations.

Kinda comical another prop firm being run out a residence and someone here singing their praise.

(the image they try to pass off as their office building is just a stock photo:

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-1573865-office-building.php )

You are just a shill for the firm, if not Chernesky himself. You sign up on 2/10 asking about where can you find any North Jersey Props:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2728099#post2728099

and then 4 days later you say you signed with this piss-poor prop:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2732252#post2732252

and then 3 days later you're back asking about firms and Lightspeed prices and "hey, Look!! I can get .0025 at a place. Just PM me. Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge".

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2735546#post2735546

you're an idiot f'n shill and the only person on this site pumping (or should say, pimping) this bull shit firm to the board.

F'n shill.

#50     Feb 19, 2010