Coastal Trade Securities, LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kungfutrader, Jul 13, 2009.

1. mews

mews

I think thats the problem with how some people trying to build their own groups through broker dealers can hurt the name of the overall broker dealer. I bet that you could probably for good or bad find 5 different deals through coastal or dimension, assent etc if you spoke to 5 different people at each of these firms (and others) because there are so many people through these firms that are out there trying to build their group through the bd.

but that being said...bidubandit, you seem to know the industry so well.. please tell us more.

#31     Feb 12, 2010
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Can't speak for Coastal, but the 201 number on PTG's page goes to an ATT cell phone.

#32     Feb 12, 2010
  3. Don't know who skfshort is but you can't be working with a BD and a BD. You are one or the other, right?

Coastal is a BD, not a Sub-LLC. No idea who PTG is or what(probably a sub llc).
    I will give you that it's strange that that PTG has a NJ# if based in TX. But I am also pretty certain they have no relation to Coastal either. Ask Them.

If someone thinks Coastal is a scam then they should take it up with the SEC and CBSX. The SEC approved thier registration which means they need to be regulated and compliant.

As someone else said, do your own research. Don't take anything you hear on a message board as your main source.

Bidu--Where do you trade?

#33     Feb 12, 2010
  4. I just clarified everything with them, PTG Securities is an affiliate of a registered cboe/cbsx bd. They have a trading group in Houston, TX and looking for new office space in New Jersey right now. No connection to Coastal at all. They seem very knowledgeable and know the business very well, I already filled everything out and am giving them a shot.

#34     Feb 12, 2010
  5. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

And that kids is how you shill for a firm

*** this whole thread should be a leason on how to shill for a firm properly ***

#35     Feb 12, 2010
  6. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

err....lesson

:D

#36     Feb 12, 2010
  7. um yea ok, I take it there are a lot of schills on here because when I put out a message regarding remote trading my inbox was filled from traders promising the world at the trading firm they are with and asking me to call the owner and speak with him directly... thanks but no thanks. I am fine with the deal I have, so if any experienced traders are up for putting a trader chat together PM me. Looking to stay in the loop trading remote would be cool to get a trader chat going. later.

#37     Feb 12, 2010
  8. t0pd0g

t0pd0g

I have asked this earlier and havent really received a good response: Why would anyone give money to a trading firm that just popped up like Coastal or PTG, when there are so many established, reputable firms.

Please learn from my mistake. I went with WTC and got burned.

I'm obviously new here but I spent a whole weekend reading these message boards trying to find a new firm. It's pretty easy to find a good one. I don't want to say who I signed up with and be accused as a "shill", but lets just say its one that is always mentioned positively here.

#38     Feb 12, 2010
  9. topdog

totally hear where you are coming from, it's a risk you take going with a firm that is not recognized. I personally was just was looking for the best per share rate I could find due to the amount of volume I average monthly, every nickel I can save on the per share rate adds up. Sure I could have went with an established prop house but would be paying a buck or two more a month which wouldn't cut it for me, this is the risk I take and I think any trader at this point knows the risks involved.

#39     Feb 12, 2010
  10. t0pd0g

t0pd0g

well I emailed PTG just to see what they had to say and they were NOT cheap!

#40     Feb 12, 2010