Coastal Trade Securities, LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kungfutrader, Jul 13, 2009.

1. bears21

bears21

i have been with coastal for 2 years now. i am friends with one of the partners chris we go back way before coastal. that being said this is what they offer, i use lightspeed for my manual trading and sterling for my auto stuff. they are a cbsx b/d which is good if you dont have your 7. i do have my 7 so it is irrelevent for me. commsissions are competitive, im sure other firms can do better hold brothers comes to mind. they have in house programmers to help traders with no coding skills to accomodate their systems. as far as t3 goes i have no idea what the relationship is. so far so good and too each is own. i agree the website could use some more info. but thats what the contact us button is for.

#21     Feb 9, 2010
  2. Lol can somebody confirm or deny this?
    On the contact us page on their website it says they have an office on Broadway.

#22     Feb 9, 2010
  3. Confirm that u need office space in NYC for your $ to be safe (legit) or if Coastal has NYC space?

.....I can confirm that Coastal DOES have NYC space. I can NOT confirm that, that gurantees your money is safe ior it makes a firm legit.
    (LEH and BSC had NYC space for 100 years. What became of them?)

As for T3 and Coastal. T3 from what I know is not a Prop firm. Coastal is.

T3 may be a better choice for a new trader looking for educational services and to trade with none of thier own capital. However this comes at a cost (higher commission and a lower payout)....as it should.

Coastal maybe a better choice for an independent trader who trades his own strategies, has skin to put in the game, and looking for a lower rate and higher payout.

#23     Feb 10, 2010
  4. sounds like you are getting pretty defensive for someone who has no ties to the management of this little start up

#24     Feb 10, 2010
  5. do these guys still have a office in Montclair NJ, if so any feedback from traders that are there? is it geared for experienced traders or new traders seeking training? Thanks

#25     Feb 10, 2010
  6. t0pd0g

t0pd0g

I emailed them and didn't get a response. I called them and no one answered. I'm starting to think that there are a lot of these firms that just pop up over night. I'm sticking with the ones that are discussed favorably here on ET. It seems there are only maybe 4 or 5:

Bright
    Echo
    JC Trading
    Hold
    Assent

Maybe you will pay a little more but like anything you get what you pay for.

#26     Feb 11, 2010
  7. cstfx

cstfx

Add:

Cy Group
    Kershner

#27     Feb 11, 2010
  8. bigpapi

bigpapi

Avatar +++++ (Great group there, standard rates 5 to 5.5/1k, office in midtown, you should pass by and meet them --- around 200 bucks a month for lightspeed)

Cy Group +++++ (Good firm as well, they use laser, if any firm charges platform fees for using laser they should be shut down, so needless to say they don't charge platform fees)

Echo +++++ If you have series7 consider this one, best rates, and good reviews. Platform fees though so you're 200 dollars in the hole in the beginning of the month plus the 850 you have to pay for the s7

Broadstreet trading is good as well if you're new, sky high rates (.009) but good educational structure and "hand holding" for newbies, also around 200 monthly platform fees

#28     Feb 11, 2010
  9. I never heard back from them either, They told me they had a trading desk in Montclair, NJ two months ago with a bunch of traders and no trader on the street I know heard anything about it. Now it comes time for me to move back to nj and can't seem to get a response back from them by phone or email regarding this. Decided to go with http://www.ptgsecurities.com for trading remotely from my home office. Worked out a pretty sweet package so it will due until someone else opens a shop out here.

#29     Feb 12, 2010
  10. skfshort250

hey

I work with coastal trade securities we are a BD. We offer the lightspeed platform and very competitive rates and buying power. How much are you paying now and how many shares do you do a month. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

These coastal guys are a total scam. They are behind the ptgsecurites.com website. That's why the address says Houston, TX but the telephone number is New Jersey. They have a bunch of phony websites, taocapitalpartners.com was another one. All those phony postings say how legit they are, then they make fake websites?

I'd be afraid to put my money with these guys no matter how good their deal sounds. The economy is hurting and thieves are out there.

Watch how quickly they get this post taken down. That's how you will know I'm right

#30     Feb 12, 2010