Coastal Trade Securities, LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kungfutrader, Jul 13, 2009.

1. mews

mews

fwiw, I mentioned in a earlier post on this thread that I knew a few guys that had accounts there, I dont think for their manual biz though, but I think that for manual traders they offer people the ability to have their own branches and trade through them or trade remote. They are a regulated cbsx firm so its not some sub llc and it seems the guys that run it are legit good guys, and just saying.... you cant really judge any firm by what a few people that recruit through them are all about, just look at assent, dimension etc....if anything call and find out if they are for real with the people that regulate them.

and no....I'm not the third guy in the basement, just have friends there and you can talk people up and down on elitetrader and generally it wont get you any real answers until you look into it yourself.

#11     Oct 31, 2009
  2. That sounds fair

#12     Oct 31, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

Want to bump this thread a bit:

I went to the T3 open house Fri 1/29 and found out that Coastal also trades from their floor, altho I don't believe there is any direct association. (I prefer to trade my own money and keep 100%, not share so more interested in Coastal than T3) Does anyone have any updated info on these guys since the fall to add to the discussion? I know they have Lightspeed and can offer a similar deal to JC, but...and I know I shouldn't base my opinion on something superficial, but their website sucks and is even worse than Bright's! It's almost like they don't give a crap so wonder if that attitude is accurate.

Also, as to the T3 open house, they got themselves some nice new digs in the State St tower (ny the SI ferry) and are looking for "select" people to join them, but obviously they are more about their educational products. Thanked Scott Redler for standing up for the little guy with over the FTT. I believe they will have more open houses now that the new space is operational - just get on their mailing list.

#13     Jan 31, 2010
  4. cstfx

cstfx

Quit spamming this board with your useless bullshit of a site!

There is nothing about anything on that garbage site.

#14     Jan 31, 2010
  5. I am at Coastal for 7 months now. So far I am very happy with the level of service that I have received. As for thier website I kind of like that it is not filled with all the BS fluff you see on most websites saying the same old stuff. It may be basic but I like basic.
    I opened my account because Coastal went above and beyond to facilitate everything I needed and I needed some things that alot of other BDs wouldn't offer. The guys at Coastal are great and they know the business.
    LMK if you want any specifics on what you are looking for in a PM. If you want and I'll be happy to talk to you more or give you the # of the account manager I work with. he's been great.

#15     Jan 31, 2010
  6. scalper33

scalper33

I went to T3 meeting too. Yes they were trying to sell their education programs. They all seemed friendly and nice guys BUT The Costal web site is lame indeed. It is very difficult to get any information as if they are the secret society. :) Sounds fishy. I heard they use lightspeed. You might as well go directly to lightspeed and open and account.

#16     Feb 4, 2010
  7. Scalper- LS is a great broker for the retail investor/trader but LS only offers retail trading accounts. Coastal offers proprietary trading and proprietary trading services. 2 different leagues.

The reason Coastal may not publish everything they do is because they do try and do alot more then most other BDs are willing to IMHO.

If you are curious about LS and need some answers why don't you just pick up the phone and call them or set up a meeting with them.

#17     Feb 5, 2010
  8. never heard of there guys and I dont think anyone else has either

pumping yourself up on a message board with multiple screen names is usually a baaaad sign

better to go with an established firm that a startup with a make shift website

stay away

#18     Feb 9, 2010
  9. mews

mews

As you can see in previous posts, I know some of these guys, so feel free label me what you will. Everyone should look into any firm they might want to do business with by getting in touch with that firm and then seeing if it makes sense for them and making a decision. Also, why would T3 be recommending them if they are so shady. Whatever the situation is with those firms, I'm not sure why they would be working together if that was the case.

And....why does a broker dealer need to have a flashy website (thats not to say Coastal's site couldnt use any work, but they arent a marketing company)

#19     Feb 9, 2010
  10. So let me get this straight

T3, a prop firm, is recommending Coastal Trade Securites, another prop firm.

If someone respected T3s opinion, why not just trade with them?

#20     Feb 9, 2010