Coal is a huge buy PCX KOL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 2, 2008.

1. agree wholeheartedly. You are the reason this site sucks so bad.

#31     Jun 18, 2008
  2. hughb

hughb

Pride goeth before a fall. I remember back when I though I was the greatest. Right before a four month losing streak that nearly wiped out my account.

#32     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Wow Restricted, that last post of yours was so enlightening and original.

#33     Jun 18, 2008
  4. The fundamentals are real. The global demand is real. Coal could easily run for another couple years, so theres plenty of money to be made going long. CSCO rallied for a decade before topping out.

#34     Jun 18, 2008
  5. Yeah, I made 65 pts. on FDG...32 on SSL

I'm scaling back oil stock exposure, cuz the ETFs have lifted the whole sector already...

LNG and coal to LNG are good secondary plays...still some value out there, and if micro econ 101 is any indicator, coal and NG should become compelling substitutes....China is still ~80% coal powered, and the time to create a coal plant is a lot faster than a nuclear one. If I was a centrally planned economy, I'd be ramping up my coal reserves, even if as a precaution.

Also, coal to LNG technology will become way more appealing to developing economies, and unlike ethanol crap, it already scales....

#35     Jun 18, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

Coal stocks are still not getting the coverage by the media that they should be getting considering their moves. When I updated my own diary last night I had Metal/Mining as the leading sector yesterday, and coal stocks as the leading stocks. However, most of the press covered oil as yesterday's leader.

#36     Jun 19, 2008
  7. JRCC has gone up YTD about 416-50% and ICO about 149%

#37     Jun 19, 2008
  8. aresky

aresky

What's happening with coal stocks today?

#38     Jul 2, 2008
  9. hughb

hughb

^^^^^ - Just popped in to ask the same thing. It's a slaughter out there. I'm within a whisker of being stopped out on ICO.

#39     Jul 2, 2008
  10. hughb

hughb

Right now all I see is that Massey is fighting a suit in court that if it loses, insurance will not cover the loss. They are being sued for pollution, and that makes me wonder if other coal companies are exposed as well.

#40     Jul 2, 2008