Coaching traders as a business

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by andrasnm, Dec 7, 2005.

1. you are still not getting it...in a hindsight I could have made myself "unavailable" like so many "great gurus" in our trading biz..
    in person consulting = $1000/hour would stop from any willy-nilly snoop to seek me in person just to gauge my net worth. But again you never know. I was just not into playing games with people. I am very down to earth and honest.
    To be a trading coach you almost need to be a millionaire with a propensity to flaunt it! and that is the true key...not public speaking and other smokes and mirrors for the so called consulting biz. I have been an IT consultant for 15+ years focusing on financial/trading firms so I know a little about the consulting trade.

#21     Dec 9, 2005
  2. the wall street journal yesterday had a classified ad for "traders academy" selling a business training traders. the late 90's may be back?

surf

#22     Dec 9, 2005
  3. Nah, I doubt it, those were the good days...
    we have a glut of 4 year degree youth who know nothing about anything and ready and willing to work, backstab and maybe even kiss some ass in order to be promoted and paid their true worth.[SIC]
    when they see the futility of the corporate rat race they turn to the next thing - trading...
    this is while multis outsource most jobs requiring 4-year degree or advanced education.

#23     Dec 9, 2005
  4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

This site will help a lot of unknown traders establish a following.

In January 2008 your following will need to pay you to follow your trades, and to sell yourself and your consulting services, you can allow potential clients to view your profile.

http://www.covestor.com/

#24     Jul 21, 2007
  5. Hey Mr. Nagy...

*evil grin*

#25     Jul 21, 2007
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

They have been doing that forever, offering "frachise" opportunities. I don't understand why anyone but a fool would take them up on it, simply because you can create your own material fairly easily and make good money in this business and not then have to share it with them.

Brandon

#26     Jul 21, 2007