CO2 causing polar bears to turn brown.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Mar 14, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Apparently the brainiacs who preach natural selection have no clue how polar bears got their white coat.

Polar Bears Turning Brown? Climate Change Might Make It Happen, Scientists Say.

How polar bears got their white coat remains a scientific mystery, but newly published research suggests a way they could turn brown again.

One of the study's authors says that's what might eventually happen to some groups of modern bears as climate change alters their habitat.

"It's not something that happened in the past and might happen in the future — it's happening today," said Beth Shapiro, one of the authors of the study published in the journal PLOS Genetics.

Shapiro and her colleagues were looking for insight into the evolutionary past of bears. The researchers were trying to understand when black, brown and polar bears diverged from each other and developed their modern appearance.

Scientists still don't know when polar bears acquired their distinctive coat. The oldest remains only date from about 110,000 years ago, by which time the species was already well-developed.

"This 110,000-year-old bone probably isn't the earliest polar bear," said Shapiro. "We have no idea how early polar bears diverged from brown bears."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/03/14/polar-bears-turn-brown-climate-change_n_2878684.html

2. White people soon to be a minority = CO2.

3. Polar bears turn brown "Be all growlin different and sheeett." Too lazy to fish, waitin for a gov't helicopter to drop some food.

4. Max E.

Max E.

bad tan causes scientists to debate whether or not white people can survive new CO2 levels.

[​IMG]

5. pspr

pspr

I'm just losing all respect for scientists anymore. Do only the stupidest of scientists get quoted in the press? I hope they are not all this ignorant.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder what happened to the polar bears the last time the earth warmed and some of the ice melted.

7. Max E.

Max E.

According to the article they turned brown, imagine that, adjusting to your surroundings....

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hmm...sounds like...evolution to me.

9. Wallet

Wallet

ROLF!

They see me fishin', they hatin' wishin' And tryin' to catch my coat gone dirty

10. That's funny because I've already lost all respect for moron anti-science righties like you and your nitwit buddies here. Do only the stupidest of them endlessly post here? I hope they not all as ignorant as you idiots.

#10     Mar 14, 2013