CNN reports iranian navy made threatening moves

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drsteph, Jan 7, 2008.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

And his rhetoric is full of taking from the haves and distributing to have nots (many of whom also "work not").

#51     Jan 8, 2008
  2. Retired

Retired

How many Iranian speed boats can reach Pearl Harbor?

:p

#52     Jan 8, 2008
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

"Jap"? And this from an ultra-tolerant liberal type who supports Obama. Figures.

We shouldn't complain too much about others' history books when our own are so inconsistent. Like heaping praises on the saintly Union forces who "freed slaves" but then went after the Indians with reckless abandon...

#53     Jan 8, 2008
  4. Retired

Retired

Obama, speaking to a small group of Democratic activists in Muscatine on Sunday, was quoted in the Des Moines Register as saying, “Nobody is suffering more than the Palestinian people.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17631015/

Unlike everyone else, Obama owes nothing to AIPAC. We will be out of Iraq in no time.

#54     Jan 8, 2008
  5. Retired

Retired

Dude, his middle name is Hussein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

He will not kill another Hussein. :D

#55     Jan 8, 2008
  6. Retired

Retired

I am with you 100%. That's why I believe slavery reparation is on the way.

It's going to be bigger than the Holocaust reparation, given the amount of interest to be factored in.

#56     Jan 8, 2008
  7. I'm not paying for it!

#57     Jan 8, 2008
  8. WTF??
    :confused:

#58     Jan 8, 2008
  9. you are absolutely correct.

mcnamara recently confirmed that these incidents were nothing more than occassional run ins with north vietnamese fishing boats and accidents but commanders further up the chain managed to convince washington that they were regularly being attacked.

hence the decision to up the ante and send the marines in.

the point mcnamara made in his recent documentary titled 'the fog of war' was that he felt the administration and the military were just waiting for any excuse to go in and the gulf of tonkin incidents gave them just that.

when asked did he feel personally responisble for sending so many us servicemen to their deaths in vietnam ( 58,000 over ten years) he had tears in his eyes and said not a day goes by when he regrets what happened.

apparently he continually pressed the case not for war inside the administration but was always over ruled.

on the outside he had to play along.he was a very intelligent businessman and most of the media knew that he felt the war was wrong from the very beginning and completely un-winnable.

i think the same is true today.

everyone knows at some point there will be a major confrontation with iran and that when push comes tp shove the americans will inevitably not back down.

america needs an enemy to survive.

sadly for iran they just stepped up as the most likely candidate.

#59     Jan 8, 2008
  10. #60     Jan 8, 2008