CNN reports iranian navy made threatening moves

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by drsteph, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

War with Iran ???

That would make way too much sense.

After all they only threatened to wipe the US off the face of the earth with nukes.

#11     Jan 7, 2008
  2. Iran doesn't have any nukes. :confused:

#12     Jan 7, 2008
  3. The pipelines must go through. They need to occupy all of the arab states.

#13     Jan 7, 2008
  4. we could always get one of our buddies to give them a fake nuke ...then we'd have our excuse.

Running felony warrants, the old joke says ya put one cop at the back door, and when the cop at the front door bangs on it, the cop at the back door yells "Come in!".

#14     Jan 7, 2008

5. How do you know that this "event" took place as described, or indeed that it took place at all.

regards
    f9

#15     Jan 7, 2008
  6. The new Iran Navy has glass bottom boats...so that they can see the old Iranian Navy. Back in Korea I was a Seaman. These days I just put it all over the wifes ass.

Rennick out:cool:

#16     Jan 7, 2008
  7. Respectfully, I quoted a source.

As I was not present, I have no way to know what actually happened. I am merely quoting what I saw on CNN. BTW it was not made clear to me that some time had passed before this was announced.

link:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/01/07/iran.us.navy/index.html

#17     Jan 7, 2008
  8. this story makes no sense. with tensions high between the countries, there's no way a US navy ship would let a potential adversary come within 200 yards of it without firing at least warning shots. not after what happened to the uss cole.

our military comes up with ridiculous stories and the public believes them all. hook line and sinker.

i have a feeling this is the first of several more "incidents" with iran's military. they will be used as excuses for military action against iran. the rational will be how iran increasingly became aggressive toward our military and we were just defending ourselves. the public will buy that.

#18     Jan 7, 2008
  9. Even despite this news, Oil is down more than 2 dollars!

#19     Jan 7, 2008
  10. I agree. I found it hard to believe that the Navy was about to fire when Iran turned on a dime. I find it harder to believe now that the distance has been disclosed.

Much like the Iraq WMD and Iranian nucular proliferation debacle, Months from now, a CIA report will state that a couple of row boats appeared to be military from a distance. But by then good ol' Dubbya and the crew would have already stuck everyone in knee high shit.

#20     Jan 7, 2008