CNN praises Palin over e-mails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Last night when discussing the Palin e-mails, one of the reporters was shocked at what he found. He said after reading them he thought Palin came across as very smart, very on top of her administration, very involved with every aspect of government and very moderate. He kept saying over and over how shocked he was at what he was reading almost to the point of gushing about her. He just kept shaking his head like I can't believe there was no dirt there and she actually came across as a decent person.

I think this whole e-mail gate thing is going to blow up in the press's face.

2. rc8222

rc8222

Blow up in all the libertards faces. Priceless!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! :p

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have to say I've never been a Palin fan but after watching some of these videos, I'm starting to like her!

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/102653" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Mercor

Mercor

The left is always looking to apply the "dumb" label to conservatives.

Palin got nailed with the label after two bad interviews with Couric and Gibson.

Let's go back in history of general perception:
    Obama- Smartest man on Earth
    George W- Dumbest man
    Dan Quayle- dumb, can't spell potato- but watch video, he is surrounded by teachers and not one helps Quayle, even after he asks.
    Clinton- Smartest black President ever
    George H.- Out of touch elitist
    Reagan- always considered a dumb actor, until after he died
    Carter- very smart , but a bad President
    Ford- Clumsy. Chevey Chase did him in

The theme:
    Republicans are dumb, Democrats are smart.
    The republicans better be aware of this label.

5. It's called delegitimizing someone. If you can make them a laughingstock or paint them as weird, they pretty much are finished. Republicans did it successfully with Kerry and Al Gore, although admittedly they had a lot to work with. They should have been able to do it with obama too, but they were frightened off by the race angle.

6. Ricter

Ricter

All groups and cultures do this. It makes killing "those guys" easier.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't ever want to hear about how violent the kooks are on the right ever again. This shit is sick. All you f*cking left wing pacifists out there against violence and claiming you are all about peaceful protests. What a crock of shit.

Sarah Palin emails: Enemies sent a series of death threats

The release of 24,000 pages of Sarah Palin's emails shows that she received a barrage of abusive emails including death threats in the run up to the 2008 presidential race.

Nick Allen

By Nick Allen, Los Angeles

9:00AM BST 11 Jun 2011

One message sent by someone in Juneau, Alaska on Sept 17, 2008 said the governor should be "shot from one of the planes that shoot the very wolves that you ordered."

Five days earlier an email landed in her in-box saying she "must be killed."

It said: "She doesn't belong to the NRA to support the right of each citizen to have weapons in an aim of self-defence, but just to support the right of every southern white citizen to shoot all non-white people legally! Sarah Palin MUST BE KILLED!"

Another emailed death threat in the same month, while Mrs Palin was on the campaign trail as John McCain's vice-presidential running mate, came from Antwerp, Belgium.

It said Mrs Palin should be shot and that "only on that moment justice will be accomplished."

The governor did not respond to the emails and forwarded them to her aides.

It was unclear whether inquiries into who sent the emails were launched.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-Enemies-sent-a-series-of-death-threats.html

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/t...il-frenzy-backfires-on-her-media-antagonists/

American Way: Sarah Palin email frenzy backfires on her media antagonists

By Toby Harnden World Last updated: June 11th, 2011

"The trove of more than 13,000 emails detailing almost every aspect of Sarah Palin’s governorship of Alaska, released late on Friday, paints a picture of her as an idealistic, conscientious, humorous and humane woman slightly bemused by the world of politics.

One can only assume that the Left-leaning editors who dispatched teams of reporters to remote Juneau, the Alaskan capital, to pore over the emails in the hope of digging up a scandal are now viewing the result as a rather poor return on their considerable investment.

If anything, Mrs Palin seems likely to emerge from the scrutiny of the 24,000 pages, contained in six boxes and weighing 275 pounds, with her reputation considerably enhanced. As a blogger at Powerline noted, the whole saga might come to be viewed as “an embarrassment for legacy media”...

9. Ricter

Ricter

All it tells me is that she's better thinking on her ass than she is thinking on her feet. Most of my employees are like that. Well, the ones who can write at all.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, let me ask you something. For all practical purposes we are fighting 5 wars right now. Should the media really be focusing their attention on 25k e-mails of a woman who does NOT hold public office. Is this really what the press should be doing? Just askin...

#10     Jun 13, 2011