CNN Poll: Majority want tax increase for wealthy and deep spending cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Mercor

Mercor

CNN Poll: Majority want tax increase for wealthy.
    New CNN Poll: Majority want wealthy to buy them a new car.
    Newest CNN Poll: Majority want wealthy to pay off their mortgage.

#21     Aug 11, 2011
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Obama wants a balanced approach. What is the definition of balance.

If the top 1% make 20% of all income, would it be fair that they pay 20% of all taxes?
    If the bottom 10% makes 1% of all income would it be fair they pay 1% of all taxes?

#22     Aug 11, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Well, the majority at my house believes in deep spending cuts. We also believe there is no need to confiscate more of the people's money.

Further, we believe that everyone should pay a little. Therefore, our poll here at my house indicates that we should abolish the slave master known as the IRS and convert the country to a consumption tax, similar to this: www.fairtax.org

#23     Aug 11, 2011
  4. they already do. more actually.

#24     Aug 11, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Vast pools of capital, record in their size and presently unused, need to be "loaned" somehow to the average American worker. I don't care if you call it WPA or workfare, but it needs to be done. Team USA is strong and solvent when everyone is working and can contribute a share to the team's common interest. Unemployment is a drag in two directions: safety net expenditures and loss of revenue. In this light, I'm not interested in looking under mattresses. Go "where the money is". If capital tries to flee, block it.

#25     Aug 11, 2011
  6. it is not possible to fix the debt problem with only cuts outside of the military. the more you cut beyond a certian point the deeper we go into depression causing more debt because of social costs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...gest-problem/2011/08/10/gIQAgYvE7I_story.html

America’s debt is not its biggest problem

As the entire world strives to put its own people to work before other nations do, policymakers constructively lower interest rates and delay sovereign, corporate and household defaults to provide breathing room. Fiscally, however, an anti-Keynesian, budget-balancing immediacy imparts a constrictive noose around whatever demand remains alive and kicking. Washington hassles over debt ceilings instead of job creation in the mistaken belief that a balanced budget will produce a balanced economy. It will not.

#26     Aug 11, 2011
  7. i think its time for some kind of workfare but it will be rejected out of hand by republicans.

#27     Aug 11, 2011
  8. wjk

wjk

Better yet, why not give it a reason to stay?

#28     Aug 11, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Kinda like the Nazi's did? When a Jew fled Germany they had to leave 90% of their assets to do so.

#29     Aug 11, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which is why social costs need to be cut as well dumb ass.

#30     Aug 11, 2011