CNN:Obama seemed angry at being questioned.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 4, 2012.

1. By Peter Hamby, Mark Preston and Paul Steinhauser
    updated 1:57 PM EDT, Thu October 4, 2012

That may have been the case in the first presidential debate, in which Romney often looked more at ease than Obama. When speaking, Romney often looked directly at Obama, while the president mainly looked at the moderator or the cameras when he was speaking. And Obama looked down quite often while Romney was speaking.

"The president could barely look at Mitt Romney, which was interesting. He really wouldn't engage with him, where as Romney would take the president on, on every issue." said CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger.

While Romney's body language seemed energetic, the president's body language was just the opposite. He seemed a bit irritated.

"I don't think anyone's ever spoken to him like that over the last four years. I think he found that not only surprising but offensive. It looked like he was angry at times," added CNN Senior Political Analyst David Gergen, who has advised both Democratic and Republican presidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/04/politics/debate-5-things-learned/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If this article was indeed correct, and Obama was simply not used to being questioned or challenged - and no one spoke to him like this in a long while, then my first thought is that John Kerry did one SHIT job in trying to play Mitt Romney in debate practice with Obama.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I guess I didn't notice any real annoyance by Mr. Obama. He seemed to me to be a gentleman and he displayed a great smile and was pretty gracious. His failure was that he kept using untruths (5 Trillion Dollar Tax Cut) and kept repeating the same hackneyed phrase (Romneys policy went from a huge tax cut to "never mind").

He simply wasn't properly prepared.

I agree that John Kerry was an *awful* choice of sparring partner. I'm sure Obama's team will make the necessary adjustments to improve his performance but the fact remains that the subsequent subjects of debate include foreign policy and there is just no way to defend Obama's complete failure in that area.

4. pspr

pspr

I noticed an obvious scowl on his face for a while about 30 minutes into the debate. At one time while Romney was hammering one of his pet failures he even let out a grunt that could be heard. It was going downhill pretty fast for him at that point. All pretty laughable.

5. wjk

wjk

I remember Chiles here in Fl. Might have been in a debate with Jeb, but he was crumpling paper during some of the times his opponent was speaking. That was funny! Old trick. Anyone do that last night?

6. hughb

hughb

CNN has 4 op-ed pieces on either how well Romney did or on how poor Obama did. You guys whining about the goddam liberal media should go have a look.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's because even CNN is at a loss in how to spin this. That's how obvious the spanking was.

8. pspr

pspr

Nope but that would be funny. Especially if he then threw the wadded up piece of paper at his opponent.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Besides, I don't want to go to CNN.com and read anything. My computer might get some sort of liberal virus and begin wanting to unionize with other computers in my house.

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Exactly!

At some point the reality on the ground obviates any attempt to significantly spin or alter the perception of what has taken place.

Severe Leftist Bias has not proven to be a viable business plan for CNN and has cost them millions upon millions of dollars.

#10     Oct 4, 2012