CNN Holds Nothing Back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 9, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I'm not condoning the violence you are talking about. It is just that profanity on air is a different subject than what stories are reported. It's a different fight. Try and think before you post Tsing.

#11     Apr 10, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Did it ever occur to you that it's not different to people apart from yourself? In fact, everyone else in this thread but you finds no big deal in it. You're the one in the minority here, not me.

If you are so easily offended, watch local news stations and stay off cable. That seems like a solution that works, rather than having CNN cater its programming to the bruised feelings of an extreme minority.

#12     Apr 10, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Given the fact that such language has been banned from the airways since at least world war II, I think it is safe to say that society does view vulgar language on air different than reporting of violent stories.

But the real question is why do YOU care?

LOL And, I don't think the posters in this thread are representative of the makeup of the population in general. Spread your wings, Tsing Tao, there is a whole world out there for you to experience. :D

#13     Apr 10, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, the government you hate and continually bash against made those rules. But you're ok with those, right? Nevermind that no such rules were extended to cable, and CNN is not breaking rules by exercising it's right to air graphic material, or in this case, use graphic language.

I don't. This is your thread. You made it. I simply replied in line with the others - it's no big deal.

Ok, so where is all the outrage from others then? Even the traditional conservative posters on this forum have avoided this thread. No complaints, no commentary supporting your position. I'm going to guess it's because they simply don't give a shit if CNN uses profanity. Like me.

And you never did answer the question. How many children do you have?

#14     Apr 10, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

Oh, now I hate all government. Ridiculous. I do hate Obama and some liberals in Congress.

Cable is not regulated by the FCC since it is provided by "cable" not the air ways.

You mean Daxtrader and Lorenz? LOL But I guess that means you are just a follower of others.

Outrage??? I disagree that even on cable vulgar language should not be used in newscasts. But calling it outrage is just your embellishment.

As I said, the posters here are not indicative of society at large. Most here, including myself sometimes, are as foul mouthed as anyone. But, I do care that such language is NOW becoming standard speech in much of society contributing to it's disintegration. And, I do see that the thread has 4 stars indicating a passing agreement by most readers.

A DI once told me that the use of vulgarity is rarely called for but those who use it in casual conversation generally will lose much respect from others for using such language.

#15     Apr 10, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

1. If it was a serious issue, the government could easily regulate language on cable just as it did with network television.

2. When I said "I replied in line with others", I meant I did not start the topic, I replied (which was in response to you asking why I cared). But then you knew that and are just being pedantic.

3. Ok, you are not outraged. You are bothered. Pissed off. Miffed. Again, pedantic. As for the posters here not being indicative of society, make up your mind. Either you can use the posters in your backup or you can't (stars.....haha!).

I see that you refused to answer my question on children twice now. I'm going to guess that means you don't have children. If you did, you would probably understand a bit more about how children behave, and how to rear them. Getting all "bothered" about language while you sit there and let your children hear about murder, rape and the like is rather like washing your feet and putting on dirty socks again.

I'll give you the last word, since you're going to go until you get it anyway, and your arguments are about as thin as they get, and not worthy of time spent replying.

Knock yourself out.

#16     Apr 10, 2012
  7. What happens when you put two republicans in one room ?
    they eventually screw each other.

#17     Apr 10, 2012
  8. The problem is that you lefties assume that anybody critizing your Messiah must be a de-facto, card carrying Republican.

That couldn't be further from the truth as is evidenced by alot of the threads around here. Just because someone says they despise a leftie DOES NOT make them some lapdog for Romney, Santorum, etc, etc...

#18     Apr 10, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

A public restroom at an airport?

#19     Apr 10, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't know if he was talking about me, but I am not a Republican. I am a fiscal conservative, and social liberal. I am a Libertarian in most regards.

#20     Apr 10, 2012