CNN Debate: Is Perry Really That Dumb?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 19, 2011.

1. strong woman. geeze man join the thinking world. this woman believes a magic man in the sky made the world 6000 years ago and has admitted that she is under the thumb of her husband. she has further admitted she could not make a decision without guidence from her invisible friend in the sky.
    you call her strong? not in the intelligence department.

#11     Oct 19, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I feel your pain. The pause between Obama's "fifty" and "seven" has been completely ignored in the rush to say he meant "fifty-seven".

#12     Oct 19, 2011
  3. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/APxbp6SK0P8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2011/10/12/michele-bachmann.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestoftv/2011/10/12/michele-bachmann.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

#13     Oct 19, 2011
  4. Seriously, don't you think you have driven this atheist ranting into the ground by now? We all get that you are an atheist and hate Christians. We also get that you are a fanatic about it.

The fact is every candidate professes to be a Christian, even the one raised as a muslim. If that is your basis for choosing, you will be sitting out election day.

#14     Oct 19, 2011
  5. I thought she did a great job of presenting her positions, and I heard nothing that contradicted what I said about her being skeptical of having troops all over the place. In the first vid, she made the point that Obama has encouraged revolution in places like Egypt where we have a longtime ally in charge, yet we did nothing when demonstrators rose up in Iran and in fact sat quietly while they were slaughtered. There is a lot we can do without attacking Iran directly, a point she alluded to in mentioning an opposition group that the State Department has listed as a terrorist group. So we are in the ludicrous position of opposing a group that would employ aggressive tactics against official sponsors of terrorism in Iran.

In the second vid, she expressly refused to say that she would authorize military force against Iran in the event the assassination plot had been carried out. Obviously, if Iran carried out a terrorist act on amercian soil and americans were killed, any president would be under enormous pressure to bomb them. That is far different from sending troops to places where we have no interests, such as Libya or Uganda.

#15     Oct 19, 2011
  6. She sounded a lot like Bush making his case against Iraq imo

#16     Oct 19, 2011
  7. Look, I am concerned about a preemptive attack on iran. We know Ron Paul won't do it. We really don't know squat about the rest of them. She at least seems to recognize we can't be sending troops all over the wolrd and getting involved in every regional dispute. Some of the others, I don't know if they see it that way. We know Obama has managed to deliberately undermine a 30 year ally in Egypt who kept the peace with Israel. He got involved in Libya, where we at least had a stable situation with Khaddaffi. Now, who knows. He put troops into uganda of all places.

Bachmann was very cautious about making any threats of using force, even in the event of an iranian terrorist attack here. Clearly the situation with the iranian nuclear program is troubling, but she never said a word about attacking them directly.

#17     Oct 19, 2011
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

He's living in the alternate world where he actually thinks Romney made Perry look bad. It was the exact opposite. Perry may have been somewhat inartful but he got Romney to admit on national TV that the only reason he didn't want to keep hiring illegal aliens was because he was running for office and having illegal workers made him look bad.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Game over. Romney is toast. Never mind the braindead teabaggers, let's see him justify to the independent voters that he only got rid of his illegal workers because he was running for office. Add that to Romneycare and his countless flipflops: Goodbye, Willard! :D

#18     Oct 19, 2011
  9. No offense, but the only candidate on that stage who will actually do anything positive is Ron Paul. The rest of them have shit for brains, are bought n paid for, or are religious nutbars.

Ron Paul has never waivered in his 30 years.

The rest are flip flopping, Pro Fed, Pro Lobbyist, Pro Income Tax, Pro War, Pro Foreign Aid, Pro Intervention militarilily and Finanacially.

Though Ron Paul is constantly marginalized and ignored by the mainstream media, he still managed to raise 2 million bucks today in a money bomb.

Dr. Paul wins every online vote by leaps n bounds.

active military personnel give to his campaign more than all other GOP contenders combined, and he even outraises the President. The fucking President, the Commander in Chief, gets less money from his soldiers than does Ron Paul.

What does that tell you?

How can Americans be so dumb? To even debate Perry, Cain, Romney, Bachmann as possible candidates when they stand next to a TRUE statesman, the only one on the stage. ?

Its an absolute joke.

#19     Oct 19, 2011
  10. Bachman's Africa gaff is no big deal. There is no way to talk as much as politicians do without saying something dumb and the Africa gaff wasn't bad. I'm not a Bachman fan but this was here best showing, still a nut but doing better. A bigger gaff of hers was her promise of building a double fence on the border, now that was funny. As of right now Romney will be the republican candidate and will probably lose to Obama, things can change but the more the republicans debate the better Obama looks and the sanest man running on the republican side didn't even join in the debate in Vegas.
    A thought, Paul, if you like him or not is always the same. Even though he doesn't represent either side, it might be interesting if he was elected. Then congress might function better. Both sides would know he would veto every bill they sent up, so both sides would be forced to work on the issues together to get the super majority to override Paul's veto.

#20     Oct 19, 2011