CNN: Confederates were terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jem

jem

Senator Byrd, is old, he was part of the KKK and he has used the N word while in office.

What is he doing there?

#51     Apr 13, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

My bad, I was referring to the 19th century.

#52     Apr 13, 2010
  3. If you like, we can compare KKK members who were ONCE Democrats but became Republcians in the late 50's and after passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Once again, if you knew anything about history, you would know that this period, and the attempt to end discrimination is what turned the South from STRONGLY Democrat to oppressively Republican. You don't have to scratch any conservative or Republican too deeply to reveal a racist/sexist/homophob/xenophobe/sectarian individual.

Sen. Byrd has more than atoned for his youthful ignorance by supporting ALL civil rights including women, minorities, and gays. He has also been a strong supporter of protections/opportunities for the working class.

Robert Byrd has nothing to be ashamed about !!

#53     Apr 13, 2010
  4. Mav88

Mav88

Something interesting about Lincoln. First he didn't issue the emancipation until Gettysburg which was welll into the second year, but even after the war he never thought that blacks should live in the US with whites. He was trying to see if they could be deported to central america.

The civil war didn't start over slavery.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v13/v13n5p-4_Morgan.html

Funny how modern liberals and blacks like Obama ignore that.

#54     Apr 13, 2010
  5. Quote from jem:

Senator Byrd, is old, he was part of the KKK and he has used the N word while in office.

What is he doing there?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a dumb question! He is representing the KKK. What else? :D

#55     Apr 13, 2010
  6. Mav88

Mav88

[​IMG]

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races; I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people. - Abraham Lincoln

Lol, the dipshit makes a point of his admiration of Lincoln at his inauguration. Scholar my ass, he's just another piker.

#56     Apr 13, 2010
  7. Everybody, anybody who has studied the Civil War KNOWS that Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclaimation in order to shore up support for the war. Until that time we (America) had been fighting with one hand tied behind our back and Gen. McClellan riding on it.

Who cares? Who thinks Lincoln, or even 98% of any population is able to extracate themselves from their behavioral and genetic dispositions!?!?! Not to mention, HE had to work on getting re-elected.

No man, not Lincoln, not Washington, not Jesus and not even myself are PERFECT. We all have baggage that we carry thru life. It is YOUR ability to dispose of your baggage that makes you 'great' or 'average'. Lincoln definitely rose above his prejudices.

President Obama is a moderate. He has insight to the plights and views of far more people than most of us ever will. Keep dissing him: it only helps to make him look more wise. I'm not even going to dwell on the things that he has accomplished in a very short time: those actions will be evident in time. The fact is, he has kept this gov't/country going with hardly a burp and he will be re-elected by a very wide margin.

#57     Apr 13, 2010

8. Obama is an ordinary chump like the rest in office. Your post is insulting to people's intelligence if you think he is responsible for keeping this country going.

#58     Apr 13, 2010
  9. In a sense you are right and I understand that. In times of calm & peace, that is to say MOST of the time, America and all other nations only need a 'manager'. Obama has proven to be a very competent manager.

Despite all of the hand-wringing that is going on, (perpetuated by a small minority of tea drinkers), America is doing great and will continue to do so.

The biggest statement that I made in my last post was: Obama has kept this country going just fine with hardly a burp. That is a fact and the voters will know that and vote accordingly in 2012. Crybabies will just cry in their tea and that's a good thing for the rest of us.

#59     Apr 13, 2010
  10. Yeah everything looks just fine and swimmingly well as the heroin addict pushes the plunger on that life ending last dose.

So enjoy deranged bar, you probably won't live long enough for those obama chickens to come home to roost.

#60     Apr 13, 2010