CNMTSU

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SunTrader, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is a bit inaccurate. If it were protests against wayward cops, I'm not sure how many folks would be against it. I certainly would not. But I can show you countless examples of good cops that have been assaulted, ambushed and even murdered because of these "protests". Having a counter movement to say that not all police are bad isn't really outside the realm of normalcy.

Happy to provide specific examples of the above if needed.

#11     Jun 29, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

White outrage? Is this why most riots and protests nowadays are mostly or all white? Thanks for explaining it. I was trying to figure out why that was the case.

#12     Jun 29, 2020
  3. userque

userque

While cops have been assaulted, the protest is not about assaulting cops.

I can show you countless examples of good protesters being assaulted by cops; and likewise, we can't conclude that all cops were there to assault protesters.

We can't blame a movement, for the acts of individuals; Individuals that may not really be part of the movement; Individuals acting contrary to the tenets of the movement.

Is it just me, or is this not an obvious fact?

#13     Jun 29, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Fine. So why can't people support both movements? Why is supporting either of them wrong?

#14     Jun 29, 2020

5. It isn't the good men and women in law enforcement that people innocently go after... it is the large majority of those "good" men and women who cover up, lie and look the other way when officers abuse power.

It is disingenuous for 990 officers to point fingers at the 10 bad cops out of 1000 when the other 990 are quiet, look the other way, participate in covering up facts, or simply bury the information.

Then you still get 1000 bad cops instead of only 10 bad ones.

There are too many instances of reports being falsified or cops assisting others to change stories to cover up the real events. If you murder someone in the line of the duty all the cops should step up and make sure that person is identified and dealt with.

The only reason why we have any justice being served is because PRIVATE CITIZENS are recording things and police cannot manipulate that evidence.

if you want to see what I mean about cops covering for cops, look at the shooting of Daniel Shaver. The cop was taken care of pretty well for firing at a man crawling on the floor.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    #15     Jun 29, 2020
    Bugenhagen and userque like this.
  6. userque

userque

I'm aware of the BLM movement (https://blacklivesmatter.com/). Point me to the website for the other movement you're referring to.

#16     Jun 29, 2020
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Does a movement have to have a website in order to be valid?

#17     Jun 29, 2020
  8. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

The good ones won't mind being released from institutional expectation to support the bad ones.

#18     Jun 29, 2020
  9. userque

userque

Not necessarily to be "valid," but to be an actual movement, there needs to be evidence of such a movement.

If I say that there is an Orange Lives Matter movement, does that make it so? People should debate that "movement" on only the strength that I said it exists?

Name any established movement without a supporting organization or website.

#19     Jun 29, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Alright.

Official Facebook site for BlueLivesMatter (2.2mm people(
    Official Twitter Account for Blue Lives Matter
    Official Linkedin Page for Blue Lives Matter (240k linked accounts follow)
    Wikipedia calls it a movement
    Specific NYC BlueLivesMatter site

Official seal

[​IMG]

#20     Jun 29, 2020
    smallfil likes this.