CNBC's Ron Insana closing his Fund of Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Aug 19, 2008.

1. A "contact" fee almost equivalent to, and added onto, other performance fees? Well, he certainly wasn't shy, was he? It's a darn good thing that fees don't matter, as Landis82 pointed out earlier. (Just as Reagan "proved" that deficits don't matter, which Cheney assured us. And just as the captain of the Titianic proved that icebergs don't matter.)

#21     Aug 21, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

His business model had merit.... It has always been good to be the one who makes the vig.

#22     Aug 21, 2008
  3. I'm guessing that he didn't highlight his business model in his prospectus.

#23     Aug 21, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Kind of like the broker/dealers.... "we don't really care what you dumass wannabes do, we just make the vig"... you don't see THAT in print.

#24     Aug 21, 2008
  5. I guess that the brilliant Mr. Insana was saving those outperforming funds you refer to for another time.

#25     Aug 21, 2008
  6. Are you really that ignorant?
    Do you know how to read with basic reading comprehension?
    Because you continue to look like a FOOL when you respond in the manner in which you do.

"Insana’s Legends Fund will be structured as a fund-of-funds, and will access the management talents of at least 13 top money managers. SAC Capital Advisors, Renaissance Technologies Corp., Perry Corp. Third Point, Omega Advisors and Icahn Management are among the funds that Legends plans to invest in."

June 20th, 2007

#26     Aug 21, 2008
  7. Covert

Covert

Amazing- would you care to lay out the math you used to come up with this figure? It's simply not true, but I'd be interested to learn what you were thinking when you typed this

#27     Aug 21, 2008
  8. I guess so. Jump in, the water's fine.

And how much did you invest with Mr. Insana? Or did you have enough zeroes in your account to deal with the big boys directly?

And speaking of ignorant, I can't seem to get enough of this little ditty:

#28     Aug 21, 2008

9. There you go butting into a conversation trying to show everyone how smart you are, geesh Landis get a life.

#29     Aug 21, 2008
  10. Welcome to ET, Mr. Insana!

#30     Aug 21, 2008