CNBC's good for something (and its free)

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by candletrader, Apr 30, 2002.

1. I have found an awesome utility on the CNBC.com website... best thing is that its free... a sophisticated end of day stock screener...

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/common/finderpro.asp

Once you have downloaded it, you won't need to download it again whenever you visit the site...

Enjoy...

Candle

P.S. The site has also got FREE real-time intraday charts.... pretty awesome if you ask me....

2. I have found that the portfolio manager available at MSN is helpful for tracking trades that I make.

It maintains a running total for each stock that I trade allowing me to see which individual stock has made or lost the most money. I periodically input each trade and commission, usually at the end of the trading day.

My portfolio is set up to sort the list from my largest looser to my biggest winner. It also separates the realized gains from the market price gains.

And available on any machine you can log in on.

Pretty slick for free!

3. candle,

What type of criteria are you scanning for. Are you looking for trading canidates or investing canidates?

Mike

4. This is a cool scanner. I just put in Highest short ration and monthly volume > 500K. Top of the list is WXS. Pulled up a chart. It hung below $2.50 forever until earnings came out. Went over $5. It's hanging there. Looks like shorts tried to bring it down on 4/24. I'm curious to see what happens if this puppy breaks $6.00.

Mike