CNBC's Fast Money - pulling a FAST ONE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by syswizard, Aug 3, 2006.

1. For Buffet and Rogers, they could buy the whole company with their deep pockets. Of course they can buy 52 weeks low.

For a retail investor buying 52 weeks low. I dont know about you. 52 weeks low should be sold not bought. Just my little opinion.

#51     Aug 6, 2006
  2. You dimwits are finally catching on that CNBC are scum?

Took you long enough.

Those light in the loafer types that decided that OBNOXIOUS SOUND EFFECTS would be displayed with every graphic are lowlife imbeciles.

And I'm being kind.

#52     Aug 7, 2006
  3. surtejano

surtejano

I think some of the macro information you get from those guys is good. Trading individual stocks they mention though might be a stretch. Just watch and learn and see how they think. Then do your homework. I would like to find a forum where people can honestly disucuss stocks without having a bunch of posters that got burned by following Cramer, The Admiral, etc. bitching about a bad trade. The guys are smart and make good sense but they can't tell you whether to hit on 14 or not becasue the don't know what is going to be dealt. Moral to the story, they don't have a crystal ball. I do though, so I will tell you BUY NORTH AMEIRCAN OIL AND GAS stocks! They are still incredibly undervalued.

#53     Aug 20, 2006
  4. Turn the TV off... its distracting.

#54     Aug 20, 2006
  5. Actually, they are.

#55     Aug 20, 2006
  6. But....there is absolutely no mention of who is doing the tracking...and Landmark Associates does not show-up in GOOGLE searches in any trading or investment capacity.
    This is looking "bogus"...
    I sent them a note asking them to come forward with some identity.

#56     Aug 20, 2006
  7. pdonlevy

pdonlevy

Syswizard -
    Maybe if you put as much effort into your research and trading system as you are in obsessing about a TV show you would have better results

#57     Aug 20, 2006
  8. they are being tacked on thestreet.com too.

syswizard: you are clearly inept. I have been watching fast money and they do take time to call out each others loosing picks - not only that, everyone gives the looser shit about how bad their call was.

i really don't know what your problem is. how much trading/investing experience do you have? how many trades a year do you average?(note: trading your IRA does not count.)

a show that talks about options models and shorting is not for the occasional investor - please notice the distinct lack of foam animals used as props.

#58     Aug 20, 2006
  9. i have a feeling he came upon the tv show, thought he had found "gold", and lost money on a trade or two.

rule#1 - if something is too good to be true, it is.(thanks for the liquidity!):D

#59     Aug 20, 2006
  10. The show it not that bad. It is television we all know. I went to a taping and impressed how long it takes to make the thing ... alot longer than 1 hour. Please note to all that has lost money trading off of the boobtube. STOP IT!

#60     Aug 20, 2006