CNBC's Fast Money - pulling a FAST ONE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by syswizard, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Very true on all accounts.

Bolling is the only one that I would really give any credibility.
    He's been on the NYMEX floor for 18 years that I know of.

In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a "young" Art Cashin.
    If you listen carefully . . . you can get a great idea of what is really going on.

#41     Aug 4, 2006
  2. Topical

Topical

I've seen several times where the "bad" picks are reviewed. I also recall Macke was stood up in the corner and had questioned fired at him about a buy recommendation on Build a Bear Workshop and he had to answer why he said to buy the stock or else face a punishment thought up by the other people on the panel if his reasons weren't good enough. When you pick so many stocks in a 1 hour segment, they can't all be winners. I also came across a recap site for the show...the only one I've seen so far at http://fastmoneyrecap.blogspot.com/. It listed some of the bad picks they mentioned on the show too...but the site seems new as there are only a few recaps so far.

#42     Aug 6, 2006
  3. Ditto.

Bolling has been at the NYMEX for 20 years and he makes between 10-15 Millon per year.

He is the ONLY TA guy in the group. All the other Tools are full of CHIT.

#43     Aug 6, 2006
  4. Umm, yeah. TA has a long record of superior returns. That must be why the banks are closing their TA departments.

#44     Aug 6, 2006
  5. Hehe, well you also gotta consider he is on the floor, a semi-exclusive edge with a huge advantage.

Still, 10-15 mil a year, that's not from just chilling on the floor. He knows his sh*t. Unlike the banks, he uses TA properly.

#45     Aug 6, 2006
  6. I like the show, but I dont think Ive traded anything they've said. I think out of all the times I watched mad $ Ive only traded his pick maybe twice.

#46     Aug 6, 2006
  7. Didn't Strazzini hold a very high position at ML trading? Macke manages a hedge fund. Guy Adami is a CIBC Executive Director.

Why give no credibility to these guys?

#47     Aug 6, 2006
  8. Pabst

Pabst

I went to High School with Eric. He knows his stuff.....

#48     Aug 6, 2006
  9. I am NOT SAYING THAT. I am saying to both give them a chance, but to also track their record closely, that's all.
    Ratigan is pulling a "Cramer Mad Money" act of sorts with lots of emphasis on the winning recs, etc. and again, Cramer's program's recs are not being tracked either.
    Heck, maybe we need to get Mark Hulbert involved to track these guys. Of course, there will be TONS of ambiguity since hard-and-fast buy/sell levels are not being thrown around most of the time.

#49     Aug 6, 2006
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Since when? I never really thought of someone like Jimmy Rogers or Warren Buffet as amatures..but maybe I'm missiing something.

Bran

#50     Aug 6, 2006