CNBC's Fast Money - pulling a FAST ONE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by syswizard, Aug 3, 2006.

1. jebara

jebara Guest

Hey talk is cheap. They can say whatever they want, most people dont trade on there ideas or follow them. So when they hype there good picks everyone watches.

#31     Aug 4, 2006
  2. LOL!!

#32     Aug 4, 2006
  3. naz9403

naz9403

exactly, every thread turns into a pissing contest. If you wanna boast post your returns like r metal. I can't boast at all about my trading, not even close to the level that the respected people of this forum are, but everyone loves to start shit with the idiots who are obviously losers not only in trading but in life as well.

#33     Aug 4, 2006
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

LOL! BSmeter wins!!!

#34     Aug 4, 2006
  5. Good idea. You might add Cramer's picks as well. :)

#35     Aug 4, 2006
  6. nitro

nitro

Sorry for my ignorance, but that the hell is that?

Guards for men? :confused:

nitro

#36     Aug 4, 2006
  7. are you serious nitro...diapers:eek:

#37     Aug 4, 2006
  8. nitro

nitro

Diapers for men? I am 100% serious. Why do men need diapers? Is that for men that have enlarged prostates?

nitro

#38     Aug 4, 2006

9. "massively" short? First clue is lack of concern over position size. A/k/a greed.

GM is one of the best performing Dow stocks. Time to short it was last year.

Shorting an ETF is ....................fill in the blank. Unless the bulk of components its comprised of are tanking, potential gains are less than ambitious.

Isn't "ignoring their losers" and "getting crushed" pretty much the "pot calling the kettle black"? Are your 330 posts (thus far) worth reading?????????????

#39     Aug 4, 2006
  10. I treat this show like any other financial show or the market pages of the Wall Street Journal. I look for clues to what people are thinking and doing, what is driving their trading decisions. When a consensus forms then is the time to watch out because the market is likely to do the opposite. A good example happened last week when all four were bullish on oil. If that isn't a warning to avoid being long oil I don't know what is. This week I see that Bolling was short oil.

The pros make the same mistakes as the ams, the difference being that they realize it and adjust. The ams hold on, praying for the chance to get out.

WSJ works the same way. Whenever all the "experts" are quoted being worried about inflation the morning a price number is released, I'd be thinking about being long before thinking about being short; the odds generally would favor some kind of bounce. But then I might change my mind later . . . .

#40     Aug 4, 2006