CNBC's Bartiromo Leaving Morning Show

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DVB, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstu

cstu

I do not understand the Maria fascination. She looks like Kaye Ballard.

#61     May 29, 2004
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think it's the rackage and her full lips.
    Aside from that I'm with you, I think she's a little overrated.
    Apparently few notice the bags under her eyes or the fact that she's a certified motor mouth which usually means high maintenance.

Now if I were single and were to ever end up in the sack with her and she looked over and asked : "sooo.... how do you like it sailor?".
    I have to respond : "without conversation".

#62     May 30, 2004
  3. She has very nice eyes...

besides, I always liked the way she pronounced it like "Moo-organ Shhhhhhh-tanley" on the show. :cool:

#63     May 30, 2004
  4. cstu

cstu

I think she also had the Hillary Clinton dumper and calves.

#64     May 30, 2004
  5. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

The Ramones outlasted them all, touring on and off until 1996. For the remaining years of his life, Joey had a very unpunk fixation: his stock portfolio. Earning more than ever courtesy of sales of the Ramones' back catalogue, he became an avid follower of Wall Street and a regular viewer of CNBC. But his new passion didn't alter his songwriting style. When Smart Money magazine interviewed him a few years ago, he had just written a tribute to one of CNBC's anchorwomen:

What's happening on Squawk Box?
    What's happening with my stocks?
    I wanna know
    I watch her every day
    I watch her every night
    She's really out of sight
    Maria Bartiromo, Maria Bartiromo, Maria Bartiromo!"

#65     May 30, 2004
  6. Caught a full length profile of foxy new mom Alexis Glick last Friday, reporting from that notorious CNBC spot on the NYSE floor - all smartly decked out in wheat jeans and a very fully blossomed blouse... :D

Would she look great in one of those new Elite Trader Babydoll t-shirts!

Baron, how 'bout signing Alexis up as your first ET model... :)

#66     May 31, 2004
  7. Yeah, it's your typical rocker frustrated love song, but looking back on those go-go Market years, it's a fitting social commentary on the glorification of and infatuation with the attractive female financial "news" talking heads that kept most viewers glued to or continually checking back to CNBC for the latest breathless word on their own stocks or a hot new one to jump on...all while Maria was clawing her way up the ladder of that corporate medium.

Nowadays, a reminder by a CNBC guest or co-worker to Maria of Joey's pounding, heart-felt rhyme-with-the-Ramones-punk-punch,
    brings an unbelieveable glow to her face, brightness to her eyes, and the widest smile. Amazing that it gets her nearly giddy!

Maria's reaction must also be a part of that certain New Yorker kinda' sharing thing about being a part of the Big Apple around-the-clock, center-of-the-world-commerce experience...

#67     May 31, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.