CNBC's Bartiromo Leaving Morning Show

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DVB, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVB

DVB

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

3. addition by subtraction.

grimer11

4. Ebo

Ebo

Anybody remember Kate Bohner?
    She was on CNBC around 1997.
    I heard she made animal noises in the sack!
    She was a babe.

5. Sounds like every trader's dream babe....!

6. DVB,

Not to worry!

Maria's early A.M. NYSE floor replacement & Institutional Trading Desk Reporter Alexis Glick is also a bodacious babe.

Alexis' appeal and sharp delivery connoting her prior broker/trading experience will stampede the CNBC impulse investors/"traders" just as well as the exaggerated-featured Italian beauty did in that spot.

Just you watch, ...er, wait and see...

7. WinSum

WinSum

Yep, Alexis Glick knows her stuff when it comes to NYSE Stocks. I was roflmao when she spent 15 minutes trying to explain what a MOC order imbalance is to the other CNBC reporters and they still did not understand what she was talking about.

The CNBC producers had her on K&C show and Jim Cramer keep asking her about FX. She could parrot what other ppl are saying about the action in FX but that wasn't her specialty.

She found her way home back to NYSE. Glick and Cashin are the only two that are worth watching.

8. omcate

omcate

Few months ago, she tried to explain the concept of shorting gamma to Mark Haines on Squawk Box. He could not understand it either.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You guys are really funny. Yeah Alexis Glick is really stupid. Here is her profile.

Glick came to CNBC from Morgan Stanley, where she was head of floor operations at the New York Stock Exchange. She was the first women to manage a floor operation for a bulge bracket firm. Glick was one of the youngest women to achieve the rank of executive director at Morgan Stanley.

She became a member of the New York Stock Exchange in September 2002. Glick traded consumer and entertainment stocks, utility and real estate investment trusts and, most notably, the financials, including banks, credit card stocks, insurance stocks and government agencies. She was also one of the top producers on Morgan Stanley's listed equity trading desk from 1998 through 2001.

Glick began her career as an analyst at Goldman Sachs in its equities division.

I know she is not a big time daytrader like many on ET tick f*cking the spoos all day for a qtr of a point. But you have to admit her resume is pretty sharp. How many of you have worked for Goldman or Morgan Stanley. OK, that's what I thought. Carry on. :D

10. Tauvros

Tauvros

I remember that segment as well, but for another reason..... she was confused about shorting the QQQ/ETF' as she replied "I'm not sure, but I think you need an uptick to short the QQQ" needless to say, I was floored by that comment as I was/am aware of her background.

Impressive credentials sure, but then again.....

Top Officials Hold Fake Degrees

(CBS) They are safety engineers at nuclear power plants and biological weapons experts. They work at NATO headquarters, at the Pentagon and at nearly every other federal agency. And, as CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, they're employees with degrees from phony schools.

"These degrees aren't worth the paper that they're printed on," says one insider, who asked CBS News to protect his identity.

The man worked at a so-called diploma mill where students pay a lot of money to get a degree online or through the mail for little or no work.

He says he's not surprised to know that there are people working at almost every level of government who have degrees from these types of operations.

Assistant Secretary of Defense Charles Abell has a master's from Columbus University, a diploma mill Louisiana shut down. Deputy Assistant Secretary Patricia Walker lists among her degrees, a bachelor's from Pacific Western, a diploma mill banned in Oregon and under investigation in Hawaii.

CBS News requested interviews with both officials. The Pentagon turned us down, saying, "We don't consider it an issue."

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/10/eveningnews/main616664.shtml

#10     May 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.