Cnbc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larrybf, Jan 12, 2009.

1. During press conferences some photographer must take hundreds of pictures of the same thing. How different can
    one photograph of the President be, while he's sitting,
    from another that they have to impose that shutter noise over
    what's being said.

#11     Jan 13, 2009
  2. rickf

rickf

I surfed thru CNBC for the first time in ages this morning as I was making breakfast. All I have to say is: WTF is up with CNBC becoming the Wall Street Court TV channel?

You know how CNN, MSNBC, and Fox have the box showing the satellite image of hurricanes as they approach the coastline during hurricane season, such as 'Tracking Katrina' or 'Ivan's Approach'? CNBC's doing the same thing with the moniker 'Madoff Watch' and the graphic is a live feed from outside the guy's NYC apartment building. Totally stupid idea, and the fawning over every little Madoff tidbit is just pathetic -- when will they start reporting what he ate for dinner and then a late-night snack? Does he prefer rare or medium on his steaks? Does he use Tide or All in the laundry? C'mon, CNBC tabloiders, we want to know!! (/sarcasm)

On a side note, WTF is it with staking out a perp just so 'they' can catch a glimpse of him as they walk the 10' from the door to their truck? He ain't going to say anything, obviously.

If anyone had doubts CNBC is business-oriented entertainment, this should confirm it. I say again, these days CNBC (minus Rick Santelli) = more pathetic than ever.

#12     Jan 14, 2009
  3. Every once in a while you can catch the traders on the floor of the NYSE ripping on Santelli... they usually change the picture quickly when it starts.

A few weeks ago (just over a month now) I had the opportunity to go to the NYSE and I was shocked at how few people there were on the floor. They all know eachother and they ALL rip on Santelli. Its no wonder they move stocks - the booth & interveiws are right on the floor with all the traders.

It was a cool experience & one takeaway was how much of a tool Rick Santelli is...

#13     Jan 14, 2009
  4. CNBC has a bullish bias which isn't surprising.

#14     Jan 14, 2009