CNBC woes - am I alone in my anger?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rickf, Apr 20, 2007.

1. when are you people going to realize that TV = Entertainment.

It is a business and it is about ratings. Do you think the 6:00 News is an altruistic venture to inform people of what is going on in the world are is ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX competing for your attention so they can claim high viewership to sell more advertising.

If many of you start to realize this obvious facet of TV = Entertainment, then we will stop having these silly posts about CNBC over and over again :).

Anyone who watches CNBC and is disappointed with Cramer, constant cheeiring in bull markets, stupid meaningless competitions and attractive empty headed tele-prompter readers then I cannot imagine what you think of regular TV...

Put it on for news and when data is released and then mute it the rest of the day. If you are trading you have live data in front of you anyway and any internet news site will report things faster.

#11     Apr 20, 2007
  2. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I have DirecTV where I get Bloomberg, CNBC, and CNBC World. CNBC makes me want to jump out a window these days, so i feel your pain! Bloomberg is so much more tolerable. I really like CNBC World, it is not so sensationalized like you mentioned. Plus, I think I am developing a little crush on that Mandy Drury - she is about two standard deviations hotter than Maria B. !! What a fox!

#12     Apr 20, 2007
  3. i agree, i actually like CNBC world the best. bloomberg is a little too dry.

www.robtv.com is actually my fav, wish i could get that state side.

#13     Apr 20, 2007
  4. Those two things in particular annoy the hell out of me. There have been times where I couldn't make out what an interesting guest was saying because they were playing that idiotic swooshing jet-noise. Very frustrating. They think their audience is a pack of drooling idiots that need to have wacky noises and flashing lights to stay tuned in.

#14     Apr 20, 2007
  5. I like the CNBC chicks, I try and guess which one is screwing which guy...theyre all so false.:confused:

#15     Apr 20, 2007

6. CNBC stands for

Chicks.
    Nothing
    But
    Chicks.

#16     Apr 20, 2007
  7. I was just in Costa Rica where they carry CNBC International, which is leaps and bounds more professional than the US feed. They also did the intraday rotation from Australian to Asian to European feeds, and all were presented better than the sound FX/videogame US version.

#17     Apr 20, 2007
  8. I've been watching CNBC pre-market, but I'm going to stop. For me the low point was today or yesterday (I forget) Joe and Carl had a one minute discussion about the Sopranos. And it was idiotic, about how "will Tony have Christopher whacked" Joe Kiernan knows alot about the market. They are obviously being told to add alot of shtick to the show for ratings. What a bunch of morons.

#18     Apr 20, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

Liz Clayman (you know, the heavily mammaried one for the guys who like "Big Uns"*) once said, "Maybe we should all put on cheer leader dresses..."

I'm sure she caught some flack for that.. :D

*Al Bundy's favorite nudie mag

#19     Apr 20, 2007
  10. #20     Apr 20, 2007