CNBC vs. Bloomberg

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by thehangingman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

simple because cnbc and the talking heads were talking about 100 oil just 8 months ago when AMR and CAL were trading under 30.

I remember cnbc having these segments on 100 oil, blah blah blah, next time when or if oil ever gets back to new highs say around 80-85 and they call for 100-150 dollar oil im going to SHORT the ENTIRE OIL SECTOR and GO LONG THE TRANSPORTS.

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. I LIKE THE WAY DURING THE ECB INETEREST RATE PRESS CONFERENCE WHICH IS ARGUABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT ON THE EURO CALENDAR IS INTERRUPTED BY CNBC HALF WAY THROUGH SO THEY CAN RUN A COUPLE OF ADVERTS AND THEY CONTINUE TALKING ABOUT STOCKS. THEY DO NOT EVEN FINISH THE PRESS CONFERENCE ANY MORE.

HOWEVER ON BLOOMBERG FROM BEGINNING TO END WITH NO INTERRUPTION. GOOD PROFESSIONAL SERVICE.

I THINK THE PRODUCERS OF CNBC DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE GENERAL TRADER OR INVESTOR IS INTERESTED IN. THEY SHOULD UNDERSTAND OTHER PRODUCTS EXIST.

ALSO A POINT THEY MISUNDERSTAND IS THIS. IS IT A BAD THING A STOCK GOES DOWN THESE DAYS IF IT TRULY REFLECTS THE STATE OF THE COMPANY AND A TRADER OR INVESTOR HAS MADE MONEY FROM THAT BY BEING SHORT.

THEY SEEM TO VIEW BEING SHORT A SHARE AS A BAD THING.

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. I stopped watching CNBC when nearly every guest was assuming $100+ oil. I couldn't suffer "pump" anymore.

I watch it now only for the girls Becky Quick, Betty Liu, Amanda Drury:D

#13     Jan 17, 2007
  4. "I watch it now only for the girls Becky Quick, Betty Liu, Amanda Drury" and your one of the moron types these fools are lookin for to watch there worthless biases show

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. And your one of those morons who knows what I'm talking about!

You must be gay. Thats ok! Really it is!Would you prefer to watch Mark Foley?

:D

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. Understand the liberal bias of 100 oil, some writer came out with the liberal bible on oil called Peak Oil, saying all of the cheap oil has been found and once that runs out we are doomed.

So buy a horse. Frankly mules are much better than horses, smarter, stronger and more loyal, oops we were talking cnbc. So since they have this liberal slant that is why they make stupid unprofessional statements like oil at 100. they really really do not know what they are talking about.

Shale oil out west, oil in the gulf of mexico plus new technology = more oil, and more time to figure out an alternative to petro.

The Ever Optimistic VIPER

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. Sounds like you're the one with bias.

CNBC hypes because people like hype. Do you really expect the average America to sit through some boring shit when they could see flying bulls and noises from Cramer? Sell, sell, sell. Buy, moo!

People love to pretend like they are a stock hotshot. This means trying to act like a pit trader without the pit. Cramer feeds on this desire.

#17     Jan 17, 2007
  8. zdreg

zdreg

areyou connected to madrid9 who was just banned?

#18     Jan 17, 2007
  9. That annoying Office Depot commercial is always on CNBC.

I shop at SPLS anyway. That only strengthens my resolve to do that :p

#19     Jan 17, 2007
  10. Gots, I respectfully disagree, at least on the oil question. I do not believe what is said by cnbc can affect the price of oil, it just cannot be pumped, no matter how they try. And unless they are sooooo ignorant of this fact, my theory stands. At least on oil that is.

Here is the theory.

A. Oil prices cannot be manipulated or pumped by the people who watch cnbc

1. Since this is a fact we must look for another reason for the pumping

a. Complete and utter ignorance of how, where, who, and why oil prices are set.

b. They have an agenda.

I chose agenda, others may chose your theory, but the bottom line is that these are subjective observations, and theories and we will never know the real reason why they are soo wrong in so many cases.

I will agree with you about the stock question, they do pump. And on a moderately priced stock they could have some effect.

As far as the tenor of your reply, I am sorry I insulted you and your beliefs. Please do not misunderstand my comment, but the reality is that certain political groups do have certain concrete, core positions, and if you watch enough news the beliefs do come out. That is why bloomberg is a must for all pros.

The Ever Nonpolitical Observant VIPER

#20     Jan 17, 2007