CNBC vs. Bloomberg

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kingfin2, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Online Bloomberg TV is on a 30-60 second delay.

Free news service? Open a demo fx trading account with Oanda and use their news service. It's free, relatively fast, and much faster than the talking heads. It's a stand alone app so you don't need to load the trading software.

#21     Sep 26, 2007
  2. > Online Bloomberg TV is on a 30-60 second delay.

My cable package has Bloomberg TV. The other day I happened to watch Online Bloomberg, while Bloomberg TV was on my TV screen at the same time.

Yes, you are right. There is some delay on the PC screen. I first thought bloomberg people intentionally pull this trick to sell a TV version of Bloomberg.

I, however, wonder if some part of the delay was caused by the buffering process. But I do not know how much of the delay was from "buffering".

#22     Sep 26, 2007
  3. SkinnyV

SkinnyV

Any information you get on TV is biased... However; I would much rather get my business info from Bloom... I would LOVE to see "Playboy" do an issue on the "Girls of CNBC." Perhaps Maria could fing her "true" calling. That network has become a GD joke.

#23     Sep 26, 2007
  4. Thanks for the Oanda tip CSTFX,

just downloaded it, do you find any delay, care to rate it against Reuters/Bloomberg?

#24     Sep 26, 2007
  5. the chicks on CNBC are way hotter! There is a delay because they don't want to piss off the people (professional traders) who pay a lot of money to use Bloomberg and/or Reuters front end who get the numbers first.

#25     Sep 26, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

It blows those 2 AWAY. I don't know why you would pay those rates when you get a service that is faster, faster, faster.

Dude, what do you think, huh? Don't be a tool and expect anything to beat that combo. There is a reason why they are on the desks of traders world wide. If you want free, Oanda's feed ain't bad. If you want best, Reuters/Bloomberg can't be beat. But let me ask you, tho, what would you do with a news feed that fast anyway? By the time you have read the story, guess what? All the quant desks and hedgies have already scanned the article with their computer programs and have counted all the negative or positive words and executed their programs!

Instantaneous or 15 secs later is not going to make a difference in your trading.

BTW, I had all three on my desk, but just dropped Reuters. Until FX Marketplace (CME/Reuters) does some decent volume, ain't worth $1400 when I am already spending 19 on Bloomie.

From my experience.

#26     Sep 26, 2007