CNBC vs. Bloomberg

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kingfin2, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Kingfin2

Kingfin2

So are they quick with the info ?

#11     Sep 26, 2007
  2. Are you trying to make trade decisions based upon the info???

I hope not.

It's just best to know what time (economic calendar from any website) the economic reports are released and then just watch your charts within that 15min time duration (before, during and after).

However, if your an economist or trying to make trade decisions off the info...

Get a real news feed and don't try to use a TV show that's designed for entertainment, advertising and investing (not trading) stuff involving the financial markets.

Most traders that don't like CNBC or Bloomberg are trying to use it for the wrong reasons.

Mark

#12     Sep 26, 2007
  3. Kingfin2

Kingfin2

Mark, no and yes. Of course you are correct in what you said. The reason I am inquiring is that I'm just looking for the quickest news events for free(I know, you get what you pay for). Right now I am not trading off the numbers (much) but as I watch CNBC, and there is a delay, it is only natural that I would like that info as it comes out, or as close as I can get it. If I can get Bloomberg for free and they are better... I'm close to going with a real pay service, but not yet.
    Thanks for everyones help.

#13     Sep 26, 2007
  4. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

For Free? and pretty quick ?
    Go to Bloomberg's Web site.
    They port the news right off of the Blooomberg Terminal to
    their Website. There is a delay however they are the fastest free service i know of...

#14     Sep 26, 2007
  5. Why would any serious trader watch TV to get the news is beyond me. That's what a good newswire feed is made for.

#15     Sep 26, 2007
  6. Bloomberg 100 times better than CNBC. Don't like the new format. Hopefully the negative response to their format will change it back to a permanent ticker and market overview.

Economic news is nearly instant.

#16     Sep 26, 2007
  7. CNBC europe is pretty good

#17     Sep 26, 2007
  8. Can any of you guys recommend a good news feed? Ive been using the bloomberg terminal and the reuters feed, but was wondering if there are any other decent news feeds?

#18     Sep 26, 2007
  9. Those are the best already.

#19     Sep 26, 2007
  10. CNBC is crap , Bloomberg is all news and no non sense .

#20     Sep 26, 2007