CNBC Viewership Plunges 50% In October

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Banjo

Banjo

If anyone wants to know why CNBC anchors are so pale and nervous these days, look no further. As Comcast CEO Brian Edwards considers what to keep and what to, well, cut, post his digestion of NBC Universal (assuming deal rumors are true naturally) his eyes likely cast casual nervous glances at Nielsen reports of CNBC viewership. Yet his nervousness is quite minor compared to what actual employees must be feeling after Nielsen reported a 50% plunge in CNBC vierwership in October year over year. Specially, CNBC has experienced a massive 52% decline in overall viewers during business day hours (5 am - 7 pm), and a not much better 49% drop in its demo (25-54) in the month of October as compared to last year. Specific shows that are likely to follow the fate of Dennis Kneale's recently cancelled 8pm gobbledygook are likely the Kudlow Report and Mad Money, which are down 59% and 56%, respectively.
    from zero hedge

2. This IS fantastic news.

Hopefully, the viewership is down so dramatically because people have awoken to the fact that CNBS is literally a f**king propaganda organization for Wall Street, with willing stooges of reporters parroting what they're told to.

3. cstfx

cstfx

Not really an accurate indication of the "demise of CNBC" as this time last year people were glued to the financial channels to find out WTF was going on. I'd like to see the numbers compared to '07 to see if there really is a noticeable decline in viewership.

4. jjj1000

jjj1000

You are not suggesting that Wall Street and CNBC are conspiring, are you? Shame on you, to assume that those immaculate institutions do not say the truth to the public.

What are you going to do next? To say that Goldman Sachs is by any means dishonest? give me a break!
    :p

5. I wondered the same. Hope this is the swan song, though.

6. This is bullish for stocks.

The washout event happend when the Dow hit 6,000 - now the average joe, and his hedge funds, have been removed from the markets, as evidenced by the low volume during the rally.

Thus, expect a pull-back and a ho hum market for years to come - until the consumer, economy, and then the government has a somewhat better balance sheet.

7. skylr33

skylr33

I only watch Fox Business News. Fuck anything having to do with CNBC, MSNBC, or the other Obama ass kiss networks.

8. Jesus

Jesus

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Viewership was up huge in late 08 and 09 because of the crisis. So comparing today's figure to those is probably not accurate.

9. Lethn

Lethn

How much do you want to bet that they'll blame Jon Stewart before they die? :p

10. Goldman Sachs booth on the NYSE

Notice fox in the background.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#10     Oct 27, 2009