cnbc this morning with sam zell..housing recovering only months away

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Feb 26, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

said housing was at a bottom and said it was going to turn around by spring....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:p

Zell sees spring housing market recovery -- CNBC
    Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:57am EST
    Post Your Comments | All Comments
    Email | Print |
    | Reprints | Single Page| Recommend (0)
    [-] Text [+]
    Related News
    Bargain hunters may toss a lifeline to U.S housing
    25 Feb 2008
    Home loan demand plunges as interest rates soar
    20 Feb 2008

powered by Sphere Sphere
    Featured Broker sponsored link
    Money Center
    Learn to Trade with a FREE Guide.

NEW YORK, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Sam Zell, sees a U.S. housing market recovery this spring, he said on CNBC on Tuesday.

"I think starts have already pretty much bottomed out," Zell said. "I think the housing market this spring will begin its recovery phase."

Last year Equity Office Properties, a real estate investment trust founded by Zell, was sold to the Blackstone Group (BX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) for $23 billion in one of the largest-ever leveraged buyouts.

Zell went on to lead the buyout of Tribune Co., publisher of the Chicago Tribune and owner of the Chicago Cubs baseball team, for $8.2 billion.

"We intend to sell the Cubs on our time frame and in the manner in which we choose," Zell said on CNBC. "The idea of a debate occurring over what I should do with my asset leaves me somewhat questioning the integrity of the debate."

Zell is working on a deal to separate the team from its Wrigley Field stadium. He added that while the newspaper business was not flourishing, he did not see its demise. (Reporting by Jonathan Keehner; Editing by Derek Caney)

2. mokwit

mokwit

Beware of billionaires making public statements, especially if they do not have a history of obvious philanthropy.........their new found concern for peons they couldn't normally care less about usually masks a self seeking agenda.