CNBC: The "End" of Warren Buffett

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MachM1, Jan 27, 2009.

Is This the End of Warren Buffett?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

that david kass has a short position.

why else would he go on public record to make such lame ass comment to the media.

i think understands float etc as pro. he ain't no retard.

#11     Jan 27, 2009
  2. Buffet may be right with his long positions but he will most likely be dead by the time those positions go positive.

#12     Jan 27, 2009
  3. buylo

buylo

WTF does this have to do with the thread?

#13     Jan 27, 2009
  4. LOL!!! I hit a sore spot!

You didn't answer my question... do you see the irony of you living in your parents' basement criticizing the guy who was #1 on the 2008 Forbes list of the world's billionaires?

#14     Jan 27, 2009
  5. That's YOUR "logic" not mine, moron.

Do YOU see the irony of you living in your parents' basement criticizing the guy who was #1 on the 2008 Forbes list of the world's billionaires?

#15     Jan 28, 2009
  6. That number can't be right. There has to be at least as many Treasury $$$ out there as there is Federal debt. My guess is they've excluded the giant pile of T-bonds sitting in the infamous SS and Health Benefit "lock boxes". The SS pile is arguably excludable for the near-term as the program is still slightly in surplus, but the Health benefit program is not and should now be included in such calculations.

#16     Jan 28, 2009
  7. Idiots, there's no way for Buffet to dodge these bullets.

He is the house.

His selling of those puts wasn't too bright, but the other stuff, no exit, 'cept the final exit.

No one forced his stockholders to hang on. Can't blame the old man.

#17     Jan 28, 2009
  8. Man, did you ever. We need to chip in and get that boy some prozac. He's got anger issues.

He'll read these posts tomorrow and pull a Mike Tyson:

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children. I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killin ya'll."

#18     Jan 28, 2009
  9. And for the OP, I guess that's the downside to managing a huge portfolio. You can't just liquidate and hide the cash under your mattress.

I have a feeling Warren will be just fine, though.

#19     Jan 28, 2009
  10. lol aint that the truth

#20     Jan 28, 2009